Fly Tony Or Tokyo Buy A Macbook Pro Cheaper Than Ba..!

Rich One

Registered
A buyer figured he could fly to NY or Tokyo buy a MacBook Pro and all stay expenses inclusive and pay less than buying it in B.A. !!! One week stay.

MacBook Pro Price in Palermo $41,500 Arg

Airfare to Tokyo $12,000
Lodging $ 8,000
MacBook Pro $23,0000

Total $$43,000 Arg

Airfare to NY
Lodging AirBnb
MacBook Pro $25,000

Total $42,900 Arg

As published in Clarin yesterday

A buyer figured he could fly to NY or Tokyo buy a MacBook Pro and all stay expenses inclusive and pay less than buying it in B.A. !!! One week stay.

MacBook Pro Price in Palermo $41,500 Arg

Airfare to Tokyo $12,000
Lodging $ 8,000
MacBook Pro $23,0000

Total $$43,000 Arg

Airfare to NY
Lodging AirBnb
MacBook Pro $25,000

Total $42,900 Arg

As published in Clarin yesterday

Pedantic I know, but how did he pay less?

A week in an average-quality Tokyo hotel will cost MUCH more than 8000 Pesos. And as goodlooking pointed out, the total costs are higher than the domestic price in both cases. Next time try Chile.

EDIT: link to Clarin?

Keep it simple!

Just pay someone flying in ...to buy at cost price and pay 200 usd extra for their efforts

A week in an average-quality Tokyo hotel will cost MUCH more than 8000 Pesos. And as goodlooking pointed out, the total costs are higher than the domestic price in both cases. Next time try Chile.

The week consisted of 5 days , no weekend !! so its more or less US$100 per day quite doable thru Airbnb apartment
Well the total was slightly higher but you got a free week in NY or Tokyo..!!
The Cost when he returned was already $50,000 Arg.
EDIT; was Infobae

http://www.infobae.com/tecno/2016/07/07/ir-a-tokio-a-comprar-laptop-nueva-fue-mas-barato-que-comprarla-en-palermo/

Welcome to Argentina - where shit costs 2.5X as much while the Government steals from the people via kickbacks and 50% import taxes + 100% markup (winning). Vamos Argentina !!

A friend on this board stayed in Tokyo for US$65 a day, week ago, and other 4 cities in Japan for US$50 or less. Late June earlier 2016

A mac book pro is about 50.000 pesos. He saved 20% with the risk of paying 50% tax plus no warranty.
When i account, i decided to buy it here because i have 55% tax return. So, i paid 25.000 pesos zero risk.

Welcome to Argentina - where shit costs 2.5X as much while the Government steals from the people via kickbacks and 50% import taxes + 100% markup (winning). Vamos Argentina !!

Wrong. If you do not pay taxes, they punish you with the taxes you mention. Thank Peron for that.
If you are responsable inscripto, factura a, you get 21 plus 35% back.

A mac book pro is about 50.000 pesos. He saved 20% with the risk of paying 50% tax plus no warranty.

Just FYI: the warranty of Macbooks is international. For iPhones/iPads it might be different, but for a Macbook you still have a similar warranty compared to a local purchase.

Back