Food/drink You Have Once Seen For Sale In Argentina.

scotttswan

Registered
There are many rumours around these boards of products that have been for sale here once in the past but no longer fill the shelves.

So what food or drink from back home have you seen here? When did you see it and where did you see it? Is it still for sale in some tiny shop, hidden away in the streets of Buenos Aires, just waiting for all of us expats to go and buy?

I'll start.

Dr Pepper
dr-pepper-can.jpg

There was Dr Pepper in the giant jumbo in Palermo near the mosque in 2009/10. I bought 2 cans and have never seen it again. I should have bought more!

Hey Song Sarsaparilla
2364590341_3864f0b215jpg-738010.jpg

Used to be readily available and was a nice change, kinda rootbeer/dandelion and burdock style soft drink. It vanished a few months ago.

Black Bottle Whisky
Oct11-BlackBottle-75cl-1.jpg

Used to be available in Ligier but after a sharp increase in price from 60 pesos to over 150ish this lovely wee smokey blend has vanished from the shelves the last few times i looked, luckily i stocked up but my final bottle is not going to last forever and white horse just isn't peaty enough!

Raspberries
raspberry.jpeg

They sometimes appear in overpriced tiny plastic boxes in the supermarkets, i once saw a huge packet of them frozen in china town but i've not seen them the last few times i was there.

and lastly:

Tennents Special
Tennent%27s%20Super..jpg

For some bizarre reason china town had some tramp juice in 2011/12 i didn't bother buying any and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Really bizarre that they stocked it.

index.jpg

Megatlon in Caballito sells them. They don't have peanutbutter, but they have two caramel and I can't remember the other flavor.

Disco by me, Esmeralda almost at Libertador, sells raspberries (frozen) on a regular basis. Made a raspberry pie not too long ago...

Tennants Super, that takes me back to the streets of Hereford.

I reckonthe widespread release of T Specials into the wild would result in turning Buenos Aires into the aftermath of the movie 28 days.

It's crime in a can, liquid coke for the underclasses. Once mixed with Buckfast societal degeneration occurs with frightening pace.

The bubbaloo gums with an orange flavor... They used to be available in 2003-2005 or 6... Then they disappeared :(

cadbury_adams_bubbaloo_mix.jpg

Rumors that serenisima and sancor USED TO sell cottage cheese, but the people were not buying it!! we need a revival !

Back