Food Not To Miss While In Argentina

Girino

Registered
My list is this:
- asado
[/list]

I am open for suggestion.

Locro on cold or rainy days. 1810 has some really tasty locro.

Their locro is a hot stewy steamy bowl of beanie goodness with chunks of beef, pork, chicken, and slices of chorizo. Slurp that up with a roll and their chili sauce (medium to mild on the spicy scale)...comfy food.

Beef, chicken, olives, mushrooms and La Saltena shells (para el horno - a MUST)
Experiment with different vegetables, cheeses, meats. They will all be delicious.

Locro on cold or rainy days. 1810 has some really tasty locro.

Their locro is a hot stewy steamy bowl of beanie goodness with chunks of beef, pork, chicken, and slices of chorizo. Slurp that up with a roll and their chili sauce (medium to mild on the spicy scale)...comfy food.

Locro is pretty good with some chilli added to it but is it locro with chilli added? :lol:

I'd add some good ice cream.

Where can I find good cheeses? In the major supermarkets they look kinda plain, the same ol' emmental, a wanna-be cheddar, a sandy ricotta sold in plastic bags. No fresh cheeses. Only one kind of very dry Roquefort (so to speak).

But they have plenty of cattles! So I must be looking in the wrong places.

Good cheeses to be found in speciality cheese shops, a chain is "al queso, queso" but there are many others. Remember, you will not find imported cheese (or it will be very expensive) so you need to work with what is available. You can also take a trip to Tandil, or other places that have better food, only the most industrial stuff gets to BsAs.

Milanesas a la napolitana and mashed potatoes home made like momma used to make :)

Back