For Sale: 2000 Jeep Wrangler (for non-resident foreigners ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Registered
Hey guys,

jeep_front-320x240.jpg

I drove my Jeep down here all the way from Canada, and now I'm trying to sell it.
The easiest way to do it is sell it to another foreigner, so the Canadian plates can stay on it. I can ONLY sell it to non-resident foreigners, and you would have to leave the country and re-enter with it every six months to renew the "temporary" import status.
If you apply for and receive permanent residency status you can import the car, tax free.

all the details of the Jeep are here: http://theroadchoseme.com/jeep-for-sale
I'm selling it for about 1/3 the price of what it costs in Argentina.

I'm in El Bolson right now, but driving it over to BA is fine for someone that really wants to buy it.

Thanks,
-Dan

EDIT: as my site says, currently asking $6000 USD for everything (Jeep, spares, tools, tent, camping gear) This Jeep runs about $18-$22k USD in Argentina (with Arg. paperwork, which I don't have)

My nephew Brian was born in California but now he lives here, he has a local DNI (residency).
Does he qualify to purchase it?

HenryNisental said:
My nephew Brian was born in California but now he lives here, he has a local DNI (residency).

Unfortunately, he does not.

When a person becomes a permanent resident they can import one personal car into Argentina tax free. I don't know how much time after they become a resident they have to make the paperwork, though you could look into that.

-Dan

sorry about that, if I know anybody else interested on it I will let you know.
Anyway, if you come lo BA I might buy the camping gear separately.
good luck henry

HenryNisental said:

A rumor says that this Jeep is now in the garden of a weird French guy :cool::p

Indeed your nephew couldn't have purchased it in Argentina, but he could have driven it for up to 16 months. If this Jeep had had an US registration, he could have purchased it ... in the US (trickier for Canadian vehicles = you have to go there)

It's a tricky process driving a foreign vehicle imported by someone else here but it's doable. Many Customs agents will tell you something is impossible to do while another one, who masters the subject, will tell you it's possible.

How about to sell it to a citizen from uruguay(non resident here)? Thks henry

so, you bought it already ? or is it still for sale ?

my parents own some land in the province and this car could come-in handy to drive around the farm, contact me asap dan !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back