FOR SALE: iPhone4, iPad 3g, Nokia N8, Micro SD card

theeconomist

Registered
I have a few items from the states I am trying to sell. Since mercadolibre is slow and my first attempt at a sale ended when the buyer tried to pay me in (really bad) fake dollars, I thought I would post them here.

If interested, send me a PM. I have pictures of everything I can email. Prices are pretty firm, but I'm willing to negotiate if you want more than one item. Prices are in US$, but the daily rate of pesos is certainly fine.

SOLD - black 32gb iPhone 4
: ios 4.1 installed, unlocked to be used with any carrier, jailbroken to use a wider variety of applications. It comes with all original pieces and manuals except for the apple box (I bought it refurbished through AT&T so it has an AT&T box). us$880

SOLD - 64gb ipad 3G - SOLD: us$930

Nokia N8: brand new, never used. the box and phone was turned on at customs at the airport, no other use. obviously it includes all parts and papers. us$630

32gb SanDisk micro sd card (class 2)
: brand new, never used but not in the original packaging. It includes a mini sd and full sized sd adapter as well as a plastic carrying case for all of the pieces. us$100

Thanks for taking a look. Cheers!

theeconomist said:
I have a few items from the states I am trying to sell. Since mercadolibre is slow and my first attempt at a sale ended when the buyer tried to pay me in (really bad) fake dollars, I thought I would post them here.

Fake dollars?! Tell us what happenned if you don't mind!

Haha, sure -- the gentleman who was helping me with mercado libre received an offer and the the three of us met at a mall to exchange cash for the phone. The guy helping me with mercado libre was very helpful in reminding me to check the money -- said the enthusiasm from the buyer made him suspicious. Sure enough, the guy who was trying to buy the phone had fake us$100s. As far as counterfeits they looked quite good, even attempted to replicate the embedded security strip. They felt like plastic though and up at the light it was clear the security strip was only a picture.

I told the buyer the money was no good and he was pretty accepting. Almost like -- well, you called my bluff and left (presumably to try to scam someone else).

You should have made a scandal in the mall, there are many guards there.
It's likely what I would have done (tricky if you don't speak well Spanish though)

Were you succesful with the iPhone 4 finally (hesitating to get rid of my 3G)?

You should report the guy who tried to buy from you on Mercado Libre with fake bills immediately. There is a way to do that. The first Ipad I sold on ML resulted in the same. After that, I was able to build confidence and have since sold many things on Mercado Libre without much of a problem. But the frauds should be reported.

How is customs these days at Ezeiza with bringing in these kinds of electronics?

French jurist - Yes, the iPhone has been sold.

kre8ivelyXposed - I think the guy helping me on MercadoLibre did report the buyer who tried to pass fake bills. As for getting through customs, no one even looked in our bags. I think they may have missed us or something; there was a guy who put our bags through x-ray but no one was actually looking at the screen. That's it. They didn't even take our declaration papers. It was really bizarre. They did collect the entrance fee from us (Americans) though.

Back