For those of you without a full time job, what do you all do in Argentina?

elgordito

Registered
Hi, this is a question I've always wanted to ask expats/immigrants who don't have a full time job here in arg. What do all of you do in your day to day lives (pre-coronavirus)? I've been in BA for about a year now (on a sabbatical of sorts) and prior to corona I used to go on trips around the country once or twice a month, so for me it's mostly about relaxing and escaping from the stressful life that I had back home.

Over the past few weeks I've started to seriously consider my future life/career path and although on paper it seems that I would have enough money to live quite comfortably in Argentina without working, I can't really imagine what I'd be doing on a daily basis for the next few decades if I were to stop working for good. So, for those of you that are here to stay in the long run, what do you do to keep yourselves entertained?

If you ever meet me for coffee, I can talk about it all day long without stopping, of things to do here, even with the quarantine on.

I was taking classes and workshops at Centro Cultural Ricardo Rojas before they were forced to move everything online. If your Spanish is fluent, I highly recommend this place. They have classes in just about everything for all age groups and usually cost around $20US.

I'm studying Portuguese, Spanish and web development which I hope to turn into a career freelancing.

When the quarantine is lifted....mingle socially with locals and practice your Spanish!

Last edited:
Reading, listening to friends, supervising bird traffic in the yard, spoiling the dog, watching the clouds sail by..... Not enough hours in the day to do it all.

Last edited:
No issues with this for me. Covid has increased my workload to not enough hours in the day.

In my first two years living in Buenos Aires, I took Spanish and Tango classes during the day, and went out dancing in the milongas at night. It was a lot of fun because I was learning new skills (language and dance) and also meeting with new friends.

Back