For those of you without a full time job, what do you all do in Argentina?

I received an email from the city about dozens of weekly classes being offered to seniors online.

Good morning, we invite you to sign up for daily workshops to continue sharing and learning together in a safer way.
If you want to register for the zoom workshops, fill out the following form.
https://forms.gle/JQdJrcvggMjZc2WC9

If you do not want to enroll, continue to enjoy the recorded and live classes through Facebook and YouTube:
Secretary of Social Integration for the Elderly.

We are more and more in the workshops!
We are still together.
# YoMeQuedoEnCasa
Secretary of Social Integration for the Elderly, GCBA.

If you are looking for something else to do with all your spare time at home, perhaps these online classes include one that interests you.

Here is the full schedule for Zoom classes.

Attachments

• Talleres por Zoom SECISPM.pdf
    173.4 KB · Views: 9
The Zoom schedule of classes for seniors has something for everyone. Yesterday, I decided to check every class on the schedule from 11:00 to 7:00.

The exercise class was first on the schedule. The man did brief exercises standing and sitting, but he did them too fast for the seniors to keep up. I could see that in the videos because I was doing them slowly with all the seniors. Unless you are a senior yourself, you have no concept of the physical limitations of an aging body. I should have posted a note to that effect in the chat. Early in the session he lifted his leg forward to waist height and then to the side at waist height without using the chair for balance. He could have been responsible for seniors hurting themselves or falling. There were 234 participants for this session.

Next was a class to learn how to use Instagram. The instructor was dealing with technical problems on Zoom and got a late start with 134 participants. I wasn't interested in learning this social media.

Tourism From Home gave a photographic tour of the French Embassy in Buenos Aires with excellent commentary by Soraya Chaina for 106 participants. Her future lectures will feature other palaces in Buenos Aires. This one is on my schedule for the following weeks. It was my favorite.

Educacion Financiera was all about using home banking in Banco Ciudad accounts. This was practical information of interest to me so I listened to learn more about the TOKEN required to use the system online for paying bills. I wrote in the chat for the instructor and BC rep: I can't use home banking because I don't have a cellphone to receive the TOKEN. I heard the instructor say my name before answering my question, but she spoke so quickly that I didn't understand what she said except that I should try using a tablet to get the TOKEN. Well, it's a nice idea, but it doesn't work. All the seniors were having the same problem understanding the extremely complicated online bank system that the young women understand, but don't slow down for those who do not.

Transform Your Home was about electrical and gas safety issues by an experienced electrician/gas worker who explained what to do in case of a fire in your building. He had good diagrams for the presentation. There was time for questions after the presentation, but no one had any.

Talento Mayor was about seniors sharing their art and music talents with others. A man played a tango at his piano, and a woman shared her latest works of art.

Alternative Therapies was a discussion that I didn't get into after ten minutes of listening to the woman speak.

Canto y Musica was a singer/guitarist who performed folklore and tango with the lyrics posted on the screen for everyone to sing along.

Rebirth of the Four Seasons by Leti Quiroga was something I didn't get into after listening for several minutes.

DSCN4689.JPGDSCN4692.JPGDSCN4698.JPGDSCN4701.JPGDSCN4703.JPGDSCN4707.JPGDSCN4710.JPGDSCN4711.JPGDSCN4693.JPG

Back