Forget Palermo - What are the Best Barrios for expats?

Huxley1234

Registered
Lot's of interesting conversation came out about apartment prices on this forum last week, and it got me thinking: What are the best barrios for expats?

Let's leave out Palermo because everyone on this forum seems to agree that it's overpriced and overrun with tourists...

But what are best barrios right now in terms of Rent Price/ Culture/ Food –*you decide.

Thanks!

Palermo is huge and unless you only stay in certain areas you will not see or hear tourists. We own a condo in Palermo and love it. Lots of parks, good food shopping, close to everything, good transportation.
Nancy

It depends on what the individual wants (and can afford.) :) If I had my pick of where to live in the city, I'd choose either Palermo Botanico, Saavedra, or Villa Devoto/Urquiza - in the nicer parts, of course. ;)

I'm so used to this run down part of provincia that when we go into Palermo it feels like we're in a different country. :p

Haha go easy on Palermo. I live down towards Libertador and I dont think I have heard a word of english since we moved down this end 8 months ago.

However, outside of the Recoleta, Barrio Norte, Palermo, Belgrano region, of those that I know and like: I have a cpl of mates that live in Caballito and it has some nice parts. Is pretty central as well. Also have a mate in Villa Crespo which is good. Nuñez is underrated as well.

Friends... any details on why you picked what you picked? This is a forum for prospective expats like me too ... so I'd love to know first hand what Rent is like (even in palermo), where the best deals are.. what makes your barrio special? Why the love?

Palermo and Recoleta are by far the nicest, most upscale and central neighborhoods of Buenos Aires.

I wouldn't have any desire to live in any other areas besides either of those two areas. Not to say there aren't safe and nice areas like Barrio Norte or Puerto Madero but for nice areas and being Central and availability for pretty much everything you need, IMHO nothing beats Recoleta or Palermo.

Palermo is like Chelsea in a way. but the other areas are like Swiss cottage.. i dont know how much u know of London then.,.,
Lots of restaurants, cinemas, pubs, .. easy to travel around or walk to main places ´ll say it is Palermo surely.. u need to know what u want.. although silence and quietness in any big main road is very unlikly and not residential at all of course..

Back