Found: Donuts

KFC and Dunkin Donuts left because of the crisis...as any smart business would have done at the time. I've heard that Dunkin was a roaring success before the crisis hit, so it could work again.

In Flores there is a great Argentine donut shop called "Sol de Galicia".

They do nornmal donuts and also donuts called "berlinesas", which come filled with dulce de leche.

Its on Luis Viale and Nazca.

I used to love one block away , since I moved 7 blocks away , I have lost 5 pounds !

glasgowjohn said:
They do nornmal donuts and also donuts called "berlinesas", which come filled with dulce de leche.

Ohhh! Berlinesas are amazing. Deep-fried, sugar-coated, and filled to the brim with dulce de leche.... Mmmm!

glasgowjohn said:
In Flores there is a great Argentine donut shop called "Sol de Galicia".

Its on Luis Viale and Nazca.

Sol de Galicia is delicious (the churros!!) but for those interested in getting American donuts, I'd say Magic Donuts are your best bet.

StuckLikeGlue said:
Not sure how credible this info is but apparently we might be seeing a lot more of these chains pretty soon...

http://investba.com/2011/07/kfc-wendys-pizza-huts-2012/

I passed two different Subway locations (one across from the Tribunales and one on Callao & Lavalle?) that I'd never seen before. I think that Subway is in the process of rapid expansion.

AND... on my tour today, we were one block from Cafe Tortoni, but the American daughter wanted to pop into Starbucks to get a coffee for the one block walk. :rolleyes:

Well, if you are really in the mood to taste KFC, Dunkin Donuts, and even Papa John's pizza, 2 for one on Thursdays, so fly to Lima, Peru. Those places have been since ever..
In Argentina Dunkin Donuts failed because "facturas" were much cheaper and more close to the local taste for pastries. BTW, I wen to that place Magic Donuts, the two I tired bloody awful...

StuckLikeGlue said:
Attention everyone.... I have recently been made aware of the existence of an "American-style" donut shop located right here in the heart of Capital. Unfortunately they aren't open on Sundays or else I'd already be on my way, I'll definitely be trying them out tomorrow though!!

Anybody tried them? They sure look like the real thing...

http://www.magicdonut.com.ar/

80 pesos for a dozen doughnuts is a little crazy. The glazed doughnut I tried was comparable to the US version. The filled doughnut fell apart after the first bite. The coffee con leche was not good. Overall a one time trip for me and not worth a return trip.

Back