FOUND: Fresh Roast Turkey and (Almost) Dill Pickles

Sleuth

Registered
Just wanted to share this...

After almost 2 years, I have managed to find fresh roast turkey and dill pickles at Valenti. (There's a bunch of them all over the city.) I had my first sliced turkey sandwich here that wasn't made from some overly-processed shrink-wrapped turkey that I had managed to find at Jumbo.

They also have something close to a dill pickle. The taste is pretty close, but unfortunately, they were soggy and not the crunchy variety like the States. Still, it's nice to know that it is available and less than 2 blocks from my apartment too.

You can make your own dill pickles by canning some cucumbers, my receipe - dill plant, brine solution, pepper, jalapenos, garlic...really whatever you want...

Bring water to boil put jars in for about 5 nor more than 10 minutes...let sit for 2-3 weeks or as long as you can stand it...then enjoy! much better than any dill pickle you can find outside of BA or in the States.

Red

red lady mink......... if you are making a couple of jars of dill spicy pickles... add me to the want list..... name you price! they sound great love the jalapeno idea....mmmmmmm

never missed dill pickles until you can not find them at all........

Red & Lady Mink said:
You can make your own dill pickles by canning some cucumbers, my receipe - dill plant, brine solution, pepper, jalapenos, garlic...really whatever you want...

Bring water to boil put jars in for about 5 nor more than 10 minutes...let sit for 2-3 weeks or as long as you can stand it...then enjoy! much better than any dill pickle you can find outside of BA or in the States.

Red

Ah. We had a question recently about canning. What jars do you use & where do you get them?.

Back