Fourth Of July - Where Do Americans Go To Celebrate?

chase

Registered
I'm new to Buenos Aires - here for five weeks, then back in the fall - and can't for the life of me find any place to go tomorrow. Fourth of July is a fun holiday and it'd be a shame to waste the day. Anyone know of any bars or events around the city? Alternately, any Americans (or otherwise, of course) interested in throwing one or two back tomorrow in honor of the flag?

obviously depends on your age and your tastes, but the usual expat places will be filled w peeps in their 20 & 30s:

casa bar
Sugar
Alamo
Magdelena's party

If it's your kind of place (see definition: frat party) El Alamo is hosting something. https://www.facebook.com/el.buenosaires?fref=ts

El Alamo 8th Annual 4th of July BLOWOUT!!!!
Jueves 4 de Julio a partir de 18:00!!!
FREE Hot Dogs!!!!
FREE Jungle Juice!!!!
CONCURSO DE BONGZILLA!!!!
Fuegos Artificiales en la Terraza a las 23:00!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes one needs to look at the holiday a bit differently --- 4th is full of fireworks.. -- we all need to get a bang out of our lives.. we need to rejuvenate ourselves - doing something normal better or something we never do normally .. being creative of mind, body, and spirit too would also be important on this day to make it different also. Let us be creative - maybe reach out to others and pull them into our circles too might be different too - we each have to analyze our own particular set of circumstances for what we can do to reach out to others within our wonderful community here too. Well hope you all get the best BANG out of your life on the 4th of July this year and better bangs again in the future too.. All my best to all of you. walter

Is there really that much to celebrate?
BTW, everyone in Argentina is also an American, like it or not.
You have got to get that burr in your ass removed and enjoy the life and celebrate.

“You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.”
― Cormac McCarthy, No Country for Old Men

I might be up for some celebrating if someone's got a non fratty idea!

Back