Free LED bulbs from the City

Three of the five halogen fixtures I had installed many years ago are still functioning and rarely need to replace the tiny bulbs.
My challenge is the two lamps I need for reading which have LEDs.
Thanks for the suggestions.
The halogen bulbs I found in ML are standard size and fit in normal bulb sockets, the same as fluorescent and LED bulbs.

Just to add a couple things to Ries' post:

• I had cataract surgery on both eyes here in Argentina in 2007, without problems, and I know at least a dozen people who also have had cataract surgery here, also without problems. Cataract surgery is extremely common (as are cataracts).
  • You can buy dimmable LED lights here. If you decide to use them, you need to buy dimmers for them. I bought both of these items a few weeks ago (before I read the comment that LED bulbs might possibly be harmful), but I have not installed them, so I can't yet comment on how they are. The websites that suggest that there may be a danger or problems from using LED lights suggest buying dimmable bulbs.
  • If you have cataracts, sooner or later you're probably going to need surgery. They don't get better, and they generally get much worse. When I first found out I had cataracts, I could still see almost perfectly fine. Within two years, I practically couldn't see at all.

Back