French Street Market "le Marché" - Apr 11-12Th

Girino

Registered
Tomorrow and Sunday: French Market

An authentic French Market called "Le Marché" will be installed at the Hipodromo Argentino de Palermo, on Av. del Libertador & Dorrego, on Saturday April 11 and Sunday April 12, 2015, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, with over 20 gastronomic stalls run by some of the most renowned French chefs and restaurants in Argentina

Rather crappy and overcrowded. It would get better if they held it every weekend instead of once a year and stop calling it French for some arbitrary reason and call it Food Fair instead.

My Lebanese friend went and said I didn't miss anything! Tres cher et pas francais! Expensive and not French!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend, but I am disappointed in reading it was so-so. It was advertised on Lucullius, a french gastronomy society in Argentina: http://www.lucullus.com.ar/

I went there late on Saturday near closing time and it was just fine. I even got some free food from people closing their stalls ;) .

Since I wasn't hungry at that time, I decided I would go again on Sunday. I went there at 2 and yes, it was crowded. Some stands had very long lines, but it was not noisy, the atmosphere felt ok to me (and I am very intolerant with noise). I don't think it was expensive, just normal prices for that kind of setup.

I have had better crepes at the crepe joint in Distrito Arcos than the ones at the market, yes, and the croque monsieur and shepperd's pie from Christophe were nothing out of the ordinary. I did try a delicious pumpkin and cheddar pudding, though.

I am sort of a cheap palate when it comes to food, so it was ok to me. I did not have any more space to try the oysters, will do that next time.

@Serafina, Au contraire thanks for recommending the fair. There were some good places representin' (some restaurant in Belgrano, Compania de Chocolates) but yeah the lines were very characteristic of this land so I think it'd be a nicer experiences if they held a normal, civilized, food fair every weekend instead of hype it up: which is in a nutshell what bothers me of Argentina in general.

I would like to interview those who did make it to the oysters, or the oysters themselves: "Do you feel tired and dry after riding 500km from the Buenos Aires Panhandle?

Back