Friday Pub Chat, 4 July, 6Pm

GMXam

Registered
Come meet your fellow baexpats.org users over Happy Hour at:

Dubliners
Humboldt 2000
(Palermo Hollywood - corner of Nicaragua)
6pm-8pm

Then grab some dumplings/steamed buns/ramen at:

Fukuro Japanese Noodle Bar
Costa Rica 5514
(Palermo Hollywood - between Humboldt and Fitz Roy)
8pm-11pm

Be prepared to go table to table to mingle at Dubliners. We will be encouraging table hopping, so don't get too comfy in that chair...

At Fukuro, be prepared for bar seating. If you plan to share food between you and a partner, best plan is to sit next to them, place your order, then mingle with everyone keeping an eye out for your food to arrive at your table...everything they serve for dinner is best eaten still warm.

Why so early for dinner? This is a popular dinner spot now that the days/evenings are cooler. We'll need to beat the crowd (since we may be a large group). They seat 30 people maximum. If the group is larger than 30, be prepared to mingle until a seat opens and you can place your order.

Brunch Sunday July 6,'14,2:00 P.M..at La Popular de San Telmo corner of Brasil & Bolivar.
All are welcome.Hope to see the brunchers and hosts from before in honor of July 4 and July 9.
Please RSVP by PM before Sat.,July 5 noon for a different Sun.in B.A.'s most "tanguero" barrio.
Busses # 29,24 and 22 stop right on Bolivar a stones throw away.

I'd recommend making a separate thread for that.

Thanks, for that, Joe

By the way, this is not a US centric group...English seems to be used most frequently, but most of us speak Spanish, too.

I prefer Spanish, but will switch to English for those that don't have a handle on Spanish or just prefer to speak/practice English.

We've had attendees from Argentina, US, England, Canada, Italy, Norway, Bulgaria, Romania, Germany, Panama, Nigeria, Australia, Russia...

¡Espero verlos a todos mañana por la noche!

Yummmm, Hot Japanese Noodles on a Cold Argentine Night! My Inner Homer is awakened!

drooling-homer-simpson1.jpg

Yummmm, Hot Japanese Noodles on a Cold Argentine Night! My Inner Homer is awakened!

drooling-homer-simpson1.jpg

Like these steaming Ramen, for the cold wintry days there in Bs As !

https://www.google.com/search?q=steaming+ramen+pics&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=T6-1U8ahCZPz8QXng4GwDQ&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=1146&bih=608&dpr=1.5

Yup, and "doh" forget the steamed buns with your bowl a steamy ramen...

They have pork, roast beef and veggie steamed buns that are so good, with hot chili sauce (Cuidanse, Argentinos...demasiado picante para ustedes). The meats are slow cooked to falling apart. Deliciousness.

Dubliners
Humboldt 2000
6pm-8pm

Costa Rica 5514
8pm-11pm

Be prepared to go table to table to mingle at Dubliners. We will be encouraging table hopping, so don't get too comfy in that chair...

At Fukuro, be prepared for bar seating...

Reminder about tomorrow's pub chat at 6pm, Dubliners. I'll likely be there for the start of the Brasil-Colombia game at 5. PM me if you'll be at Dubliners watching the game, too

Dubliners
Humboldt 2000
6pm-8pm

Costa Rica 5514
8pm-11pm

Last reminder

Back