Fridge Disposal

Dublin2BuenosAires

Registered
I'll try again....

How do I get rid of my old broken fridge? I want to do so responsably, i.e. I don't want to pay someone to dump it illegally.

thanks.

In the three neighbourhoods I've lived in here, every weekend morning there is a rummage collector that passes through the barrio with a loudspeaker blaring "compro electrodomésticos, compro heladeras..." Very loud and annoying for those of us dedicated to chemical overconsumption by night, but it might be just the fix for you. We also spotted one this Sunday in Palermo Hollywood at 10 AM ish.

Take the fridge into the street and chain it to a tree or pole or fence with a standard bicycle chain. Turn around and count to ten and...

Give it to the encargado , he will find a way to take it away.

Call the Salvation Army to make a pickup. They accept clothing, furniture, books, etc.
Call 4911 7585 - the donation line for Ejercito de Salvacion.

Call the Salvation Army to make a pickup. They accept clothing, furniture, books, etc.
Call 4911 7585 - the donation line for Ejercito de Salvacion.

Sad to say we have had a pretty bad experience with the salvation army here, regardless I don't believe they are able to take fridges or electrodomesticos.

Previously we had a lot of stuff which we wanted to give them, they didn't come when they said they would and despite giving them multi opportunities they didn't show. Eventually we give it all to our cleaner, she hired a lorry and cleaned house. Took clothes, furniture and more, all of which we wanted to give the Salvation Army. We were pretty disappointed, we know our cleaner took it all out to Mataderos sold it or used it for her own family.

She's on holiday now, otherwise she'd be in possession of a dying fridge.

Back