From Finland to Argentina...

Pumssi

Registered
Hola a todos!

I'm 21yr student of tourism coming to study in Baires for a year. Only 3 weeks left here in the land of snow! I couldn't look less like a porteño, I really suck with Argentinian accent but my Spanish is not that bad - I've studied it only for one year but I dare to claim that I can actually speak it! :D Of course not that well but I've 11,5 months time to learn.

I'm more than excited to arrive there and basicly change my whole life - geez, the population of two Finlands in one city! I'm not a citygirl so definitely looking forward to the culture shock haha. But this is not meant to be easy and I'm sure I'll get used to living over there.

Exitos!

Hi Pumssi, whenever you feel like practising your Spanish and up for it. I would really like to get to know about Findland and its culture :)

I love the finns!

I actually don't have anything useful to add to this thread. Enjoy your time in Buenos Aires. I'm sure you'll love it.

Welcome here!!!
When you get here send me a PM, I will help you as much as possible.
Henry

Thanks guys! I'd be happy to meet people over there once I've settled down a bit. Not too many Finns around over there - and not too many Spanish speaking folks here with whom to practise the language!

I have a problem with baking, meaning that I do it way too much... so extra mouths are welcome a mi casa once I have one :D

I know some Finnish tango dancers, they performed at the London Tango Festival a few years back, John and Nina Krook and Hanna Korpela...do you dance tango?

Celia, cool! Unfortunately I know hardly anything about tango except that the Finnish version is very popular over here. However, glad to hear that also we not-so-flexible-people can dance it that well - I did little research about those people!

I need to try at least once to see how bad one can be^^

Welcome Pumssi! I'm sure you'll love your time here. If you need any tips on healthy eating while here, let me be a resource (a lot of white flour, sugar and saturated fat in the foods here).

Saludos,

Paul

Gracias Paul! How funny, you just mentioned one of the things I'm a bit nervous about -- my eating habits. I've been trying to avoid fast carbs, red meat and prosessed food for the last 5 years, so steaks, pasta, pizza and helado (mmm!) won't exist in my daily menu. But I've noticed that there are quite many nice veggie restaurants though they might be a bit pricey compared to the steaks... well, it's the price I'm willing to pay. I cook a lot and those verdulerias will be my best friends :)

(No problem with red wine, though!)

Hola chicos!

Saludos de Barrio Norte.
Hace casi dos meses acá - y me encanta! Amo esta ciudad, hay de todo y rebuena onda. I really enjoy it in here, now that I've settled down I'm looking for a cheap gym and new friends to hang out with... I'm trying to get to know the locales instead of exchange students but sometimes it's not that easy!

Bueno, I just wanted to say something haha. Have a good weekend everyone!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D.B. Cooper Expat Life 10
M Newcomers Forum 4
Back