From London to Bahia Blanca

Ce2019

Registered
Any suggestions on international moving companies? From London to Bahia Blanca. Any experience good or bad out there? tks.

Any suggestions on international moving companies? From London to Bahia Blanca. Any experience good or bad out there? tks.
Nikad has been a member here since 2006 and has repeatedly recommended Dinamo International Movers.

Davidglen77 had a great experience with them:

Movers - The Absolute Best Moving Company

PS: I've lived in the countryside about 20 KM from Bahia Blanca for the past nine years. I have lots of contacts in the area and will be happy to help you get settled in.

Steve have you ever ridden the train from Bahia Blanca to BA? Apparently it's better now.

Steve have you ever ridden the train from Bahia Blanca to BA? Apparently it's better now.

I haven't been back to CF since I moved here in 2010, but if I ever return, it won't be for more than a few days and it will be on a 75 minute flight.

Nikad has been a member here since 2006 and has repeatedly recommended Dinamo International Movers.

Davidglen77 had a great experience with them:

Movers - The Absolute Best Moving Company

PS: I've lived in the countryside about 20 KM from Bahia Blanca for the past nine years. I have lots of contacts in the area and will be happy to help you get settled in.
Great Thank you!! We are hoping to get everything ready and be here end Sep or so, my husband will come later but I need to get the kids in school asap so they can start adjusting.
Cheers

I haven't been back to CF since I moved here in 2010, but if I ever return, it won't be for more than a few days and it will be on a 75 minute flight.

Train in a sleeping car compartment is more adventurous !

moving right now? with everything thats going on? ah the timing!

For those who earn or have savings in foreign currency, it’s a great time to move actually now that it’s got cheaper. Even La Nación released an article just yesterday entitled “How to earn an income in USD.

It is, of course, very sad that this is at the expense of the quality of life of 99% of the population declining, but I wouldn’t say it’s a bad time to move for foreign currency earners/holders.

I don't know about Bahia Blanca but on Sunday I arrived back in Buenos Aires by train from Tucuman. It's not going to appeal to someone who always has to be in a hurry but if you feel the need to slow down, want to watch the Argentine scenery slip past your window or just like trains (hey - I'm British, of course I like trains) then it is a perfect way to travel.

When I first made the journey back in 2010, I think they still had the same rolling stock as in Paul Theroux's description of La Estrella Del Norte but the train I rode in last weekend was much more up to date with aircon and power etc. Back in 2010 the dining car was a delight with excellent, well presented meals at a fair price: unfortunately that wasn't the case this time and if I had known what the food was going to be like I'd have brought my own.

The scheduled journey time has reduced from about 46hrs to 32hrs though we arrived about 3hrs late thanks to a snafu involving a van stuck on a level crossing. Nobody hurt: the driver ran away.

Price for a sleeper compartment is around ARS2500 for up to two people which compares favourably with the bus fare at around ARS2500 each or the lo-cost air fare typically at more than ARS4000. The cheapest seats on board the train are only ARS700 but there are lots of reasons why I wouldn't recommend traveling that way

I don't know about Bahia Blanca but on Sunday I arrived back in Buenos Aires by train from Tucuman. It's not going to appeal to someone who always has to be in a hurry but if you feel the need to slow down, want to watch the Argentine scenery slip past your window or just like trains (hey - I'm British, of course I like trains) then it is a perfect way to travel.

When I first made the journey back in 2010, I think they still had the same rolling stock as in Paul Theroux's description of La Estrella Del Norte but the train I rode in last weekend was much more up to date with aircon and power etc. Back in 2010 the dining car was a delight with excellent, well presented meals at a fair price: unfortunately that wasn't the case this time and if I had known what the food was going to be like I'd have brought my own.

The scheduled journey time has reduced from about 46hrs to 32hrs though we arrived about 3hrs late thanks to a snafu involving a van stuck on a level crossing. Nobody hurt: the driver ran away.

Price for a sleeper compartment is around ARS2500 for up to two people which compares favourably with the bus fare at around ARS2500 each or the lo-cost air fare typically at more than ARS4000. The cheapest seats on board the train are only ARS700 but there are lots of reasons why I wouldn't recommend traveling that way

They have new Chinese rolling stock. You're right all dining car service has been downgraded in Argentina. Best to take as much food as you can. Was it easy to get a ticket in the sleeper? And could you comment on the temperature in your compartment? I find trains here usually too warm.

Back