Fumigador.

nlaruccia

Registered
My friend is in NYC and his apartment in Alto Palermo has cockroaches. I talked to the encargado and the administracion is changing fumigator companies so he told me to check back in two weeks. By any chance, can anyone recommend a decent fumigator in that area? Or even not in that area? Just someone that will actually show up and get the job done.

I understand that buildings have to (by law) use a fumigador monthly in the common areas of buildings, and also to offer their services to each unit in the building. It is my experience, in two buildings, and after several changes of fumigador, that their services make little difference. What they are spraying is mostly water and it very quickly gets washed off the surfaces they spray it on - usually the same day.

My advice is to go to the local ferreteria and by some plastic syringes of GelTek for cucarachas. Then squeeze some of the gel under benches, in cupboards, and in all the places cockroaches have been seen. They eat the stuff, then go back to their nest and die. Which is what you want. In a week or so all cockroaches will be gone. And mostly they will stay gone. If you see more, use some more gel.

This is a very cheap solution that is easy to apply. So why we pay a lot to fumigadores I don't know.

Good luck with your friend's apartment.
La Fleur

Is the apartment empty of furniture? If so just get tons of those black traps and the spray and just spray it really well and then get outta there. That will kill the roaches, at least the ones around. The fumigator who came to our place from the building before told me they spray the same stuff as the commercial products just in a non-aerosol format.

I understand that buildings have to (by law) use a fumigador monthly in the common areas of buildings, and also to offer their services to each unit in the building. It is my experience, in two buildings, and after several changes of fumigador, that their services make little difference. What they are spraying is mostly water and it very quickly gets washed off the surfaces they spray it on - usually the same day.

My advice is to go to the local ferreteria and by some plastic syringes of GelTek for cucarachas. Then squeeze some of the gel under benches, in cupboards, and in all the places cockroaches have been seen. They eat the stuff, then go back to their nest and die. Which is what you want. In a week or so all cockroaches will be gone. And mostly they will stay gone. If you see more, use some more gel.

This is a very cheap solution that is easy to apply. So why we pay a lot to fumigadores I don't know.

Good luck with your friend's apartment.
La Fleur

I know, the consorcio has the responsibility and legal obligation to fumigate all the apartments. But, they're changing companies and I don't have time to track down someone that works there and tell them that two weeks to just find out who the new fumigation company is. It's absolutely ridiculous that it should take so long, but this is Argentina. I'm not surprised. So I have to take matters into my own hands. Thank for your the idea to buy gel syringes. I'll try that and apply it below the furniture so the tenants won't see it.

Make sure you spray down all the open floor drains and really well in the bathrooms!

You can get a mesh to apply over the open floor drains, seems to be where the little buggers appear from.

Back