Furniture Stores In Ba

sgibson123

Registered
we will be arriving in BA shortly with no furniture. what is the best place to procure things like beds, couch.. dining table??

thanks

For newbies, we should stress that's Avenida Belgrano in Monserrat (I think), not the barrio of Belgrano.

Part of Av. Belgrano is in San Telmo (from Azopardo up to Bernardo de Irigoyen), once Av. Belgrano crosses 9 de Julio, the section that runs between Lima & Entre Ríos is in Monserrat, however the section of Av. Belgrano that runs between Entre Ríos & Jujuy (where all of the furniture stores are located) is the neighborhood of Balvanera.

also Cabildo in Nuñez (between Congreso and say... Paroissien) there are tons of furniture stores with a variety of prices, if you are closer to the northern part of Capital.

If you don't mind buying second hand, there is a company here called Maria Maranessi who organise sales every weekend. We recently contracted them to sell all our furniture, electronics etc as we are leaving Argentina. You can see all the upcoming sales on their website and facebook page. You can get some major bargains in the sales, most prices are negotiable. Had I known this company existed 4 years ago when I moved here first, I could have saved myself a fortune!!!!

Flea market and surrounds. You can get everything there, old, new, etc.
Nancy

I think it would be better if you specified what your price range is so you could get more suitable tailored advice.

Avenida Belgrano is the best choice. But if you want fancier, better quality, more expensive, etc, you can also go to calle Arenales near Callao, in Recoleta.

we will only be in BA about 12 mos - 24 mos.. I don't want to spend a forture, but I have children.. so I need semi durable..

Back