Gala at Teatro Colon... dress code?

lolimundo

Registered
We've been invited to the Gala at Teatro Colon, never been there before. Anyone knows its dress code?

Thanks in advance!;)

lolimundo said:
We've been invited to the Gala at Teatro Colon, never been there before. Anyone knows its dress code?

Thanks in advance!

Bermuda shorts, thongs flip flops and T shirts are fine, but no T shirts emblazoned with Jethro Tull, Kiss, Alice Copper or like it...its a no, no.;)

You're welcome!

Call the ticket office for info. The direct phone number is 4378 7109

Also, the employees are on strike, so the functions are being cancelled. Good luck!

lolimundo said:

Thanks in advance!;)

TomAtAlki said:
my opinion, I would get VERY dressed
Nancy

Roxana said:
Also, the employees are on strike, so the functions are being cancelled. Good luck!

Don't know if you're a boy or a girl, but...

BOYS: Wear a suit WITH a tie (unlike Macri). If the tie is too much, you can take it off. If everyone else is in a tux, at least you're in a suit.

GIRLS: Wear a dress.

There, that's the answer... if the event is even held.

It depends on where you sit. If you are in Platea or palcos you should wear a dark suit (men). Women will dress up. Before the crisis it was black tie or what the Argentines call "smoking" for men but that requirement was dropped when people supposedly complained that their opulent dress was a security risk. Anyway if you are in the cheap seats high up it makes no difference how you dress. You can't even enter through the main entrance. You have to go through a side entrance. No grand staircase, no Salon Dorado and no confiteria.

When we went to Colon (it was no gala) there were quite a few women wearing long dresses. Men without suit or at least jacket were rare. So I think you're right to check the dress code.

It wouldn't surprise me if 'gala' would really mean 'gala' (tux and long dress)... I would probably wear a nice dress and heels, my husband suit and tie. WIth this you will certainly not be 'overdressed' and you want stick out as 'underdressed' either.

Let us know what you wear and how it was :D

There is no longer an official dress code at the Teatro Colon. As I mentioned earlier, there used to be a REQUIREMENT that men wear black tie for the Gran Abonos which I think is what you are referring to when you say "gala". In those days they told you at the box office that it was obligatory for men to wear "smoking". You will still see women in evening gowns for the Gran Abono but men will be dressed in dark suits for the most part. In the cheap seats people feel free to dress as they like. Despite the GREAT expense of the Gran Abono tickets you will still see some people dressed in casual clothes but that will be more prevalent at the other functions which are also expensive.

Back