Gallery Night Every Month, next location??

Steph170

Registered
Hi,

Has any one been to the gallery night events that are on every month (i think) at a different location each time?

I was chatting to someone at a party the other day who had been to the last one in Recoleta, not only for the free nibbles and glass of vino but the art was also pretty interesting too, not to mention the array of characters from fur coated women to the bohemian dudes.

Just wondered if anyone knew when and where the next one is and if anyone had been before? Would make an alternative to the usual night out.

Thanks!

It's the last Friday of every month (but in May it was a Thursday because of the 25 of May holiday). That one is held in Retiro/Recoleta area. I think there are a few circuits. They just had a special mid-month one in Palermo (Viejo and Libertador area) but that was exceptional. I've never been but definitely towards the last Friday of the month do a google search because all these BA events blogs (in English) usually post the info for us a few days or a week before.

I went to the Palermo one the other night (my first one). It was fun. The atmospheres at each of the galleries was a little hit or miss. Some were empty or just too small, but others really put some effort into it, and people were milling around and drinking champagne. Would make a good (cheap) date night.

This is actually my favorite free cultural activity in BA (I've only ever done the Retiro recorrido.) It's a lovely way to spend a few evening hours when the weather is nice.

sgarlow said:
I went to the Palermo one the other night (my first one). It was fun. The atmospheres at each of the galleries was a little hit or miss. Some were empty or just too small, but others really put some effort into it, and people were milling around and drinking champagne. Would make a good (cheap) date night.

Totally spaced this one. :(

The Palermo ones are only twice a year. (Or at least have been recently.)

The "Last Friday of the Month" art nights are always in the exact same place in Retiro/Recoleta/Barrio Norte with the Center of it all on Arroyo b/n Suipacha & Esmeralda.

For a while San Telmo was having art nights and then they backed off. I don't know if they've started up again, but the day was the last Friday, just like the older/established one. Don't know their plans.

Hey all, just thought I´d say that me and another American expat from the forum, Jennita, will be going to the Recoleta Gallery Nights tonight, starting around 19hs. If anyone wants to join, message us.

Gallery Nights 2013 - Thursday April 11

http://www.gallery-nights.com.ar/

If you're an AMEX cardholder:

Screen+shot+2013-04-09+at+4.13.21+PM.png

http://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/int/lac/ar_es/personal/recurringbilling/landingpage.do?vgnextoid=bdaa6064b20ff110VgnVCM200000d0faad94RCRD&vanity=www.americanexpress.com.ar/entretenimiento

Back