Garantia for apartment rentals Supervielle

Iwaslukky

Registered
Hey,

Does anyone have any experience of Banco Supervielles Garantia for apartment rentals? I have been here 2 years, have DNI and employment with contract so I should fulfill their requierements.

Thanks.

I accepted their program for an apartment I had rented out. It was great, the money for the rent was deposited directly into my bank account by the 5th of each month and the tenant left the apartment in great condition when they moved out after 1 year. Keep in mind that a lot of landlords won´t accept it because 1) the money is then "blanqueado" in other words they don´t want to show rental income to avoid taxes or 2) they just simply don´t trust banks especially when it involves one of their properties.

It's totally legit and good for getting over the garantía hurdle, but like Davidglen77 said, a lot of landlords won't accept this kind of garantia. Still, it IS a garantia, so it doesn't hurt to ask, especially since you are a foreigner. In my experience, landlords like to rent to foreigners, not from paises limitrofes, that is, because we don't know how lenient conviction laws are and how we can stay over in their apartment for a few months with nearly 0 consequence...and even if we knew that they know we are risk averse and have no desire getting into trouble with the law so far from home, for the most part. You never know, until you ask!

Iwaslukky said:
Hey,

Does anyone have any experience of Banco Supervielles Garantia for apartment rentals? I have been here 2 years, have DNI and employment with contract so I should fulfill their requierements.

Thanks.

Check to see if you need to have permanent residency to get the guarantia. If you only have temporary residency and need to renew each year with migraciones you may not "qualify" for a two year lease or the garantia.

You can also check directly with Supervielle for a list of inmobiliarias and landlords that work directly with them. Also, Banco Ciudad will start offering this service starting from March 2011.

Back