Germanwings Crash In Alps

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Sorry to hear this news. Condolences to the families and friends.

Now they are saying they found a black box. They say this all the time with crashes. The Flight Data Recorder (FDR) and the Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) are actually orange. "Black Box" indicates that there are things going on inside that are mysterious or hard to explain. There is nothing mysterious anymore about the FDR and CVR.

Can we just start calling them "orange boxes" please?

GS

The Germanwings A-320 was 24 yo one year away form retirement.. that means nothing if well mainlined by Lufthansa..!!

The Beech craft that crashed in Punta del Este was manufactured in 1965.? but well maintained? The Beechcraft that crashed in Carmelo last year the pilot had ingested alcohol and cocaine ! The Helicopters that collided in Tucuman was it human error? The Governor of San Juan crashed in a helicopter and was almost killed? Human errors?

Whist I personally only really care for those poor souls and their horrific 8 minute descent to death , never mind the suffering of their families I sincerely hope that the black or whatever colored boxes help make changes for the better to eliminate future suffering..

Poor souls who perished and poor ones left behind! I have take German Wings many times and always felt very safe! I just hope they didnt suffer much but it must have been 8 minutes to hell before they crashed! I know what it is like because I have been in emregency landings as well as a near air-borne crash as well as a hijacking!
I have more lives than a cat! And hope to continue to have!

The Germanwings A-320 was 24 yo one year away form retirement.. that means nothing if well mainlined by Lufthansa..!!

I flew GermanWings once, Rome to Dusseldorf. It was definitely not a Lufthansa experience.

I never fly on LCC. Rather pay a little more and fly the more expensive airlines. Perhaps is just me but I feel more safe in flying the non
LCC planes. The LCC will always try to saving money on the routine safety maintanances either they be Europeans or Japanese.

At least for Lufthansa and GermanWings, there is no difference in terms of safety. They are maintained with the same maintenance schedules/procedures from the same service company...

Well the rests of the plane are dispersed in small pieces

0012379179.jpg

This is a very strange crash. The flight path that has been shown is a slow, steady and controlled decent into terrain. If that is really true then the passengers might never have know anything was wrong - until moments before impact if the pilots tried to recover. If the pilots were incapacitated for any reason and the passengers were not (strange combination) then there would have been no recovery attempted. It is more likely that everyone was incapacitated (possibly from an oxygen problem). We don't know if the pilots were communicating with ATC at that point. We also don't know the weather. It is a possibility that if they were flying IMC (cloudy or foggy weather) and there was an instrument problem the pilots might not have caught the problem and just ridden the jet into the mountain because they couldn't see outside and an instrument was giving wrong info.

What is pretty obvious to me from studying the pictures is the wreckage looks contained in a small area. That rules out an in-flight explosion or control problem and both would lead to an in-flight break-up and wreckage scattered over a wide area like the 777 that was shot down over Ukraine last year.

I think this will end up being an oxygen problem or an instrument problem.

Crashes during the cruise part of a flight are historically the safest. Most accidents happen on take-off and landing.

Quite possibly it was explosive decompression as a result of metal fatigue from years of stretching due to the pressure change. It would explain why the captain dove to a breathable altitude only to smack into some of the tallest peaks in Europe

Back