Getting A Brazilian Visa

tbp1012

Registered
Hi All,

I'm an American living in BA and am trying to plan a trip to Brazil later next month. Have any of you tried to obtain a Brazilian visa while not residing in the US? How long does it typically take and what issues did you encounter? I plan on going to a Brazilian consulate later this week to investigate further, but I thought I'd just quickly put feelers out in the meantime. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Getting a visa for Brazil isn't a problem.

You'll need a valid Argentine tourist visa, at least, to receive the Brazilian visa. Non-residents (tourists) receive visas up to 90 days (upon first entry). Residents can receive up to 10 years.

You need to setup an appointment with them via their online calendar: http://www.conbrasil...otros01engl.asp

That website also has a list of things that you need. Passport, bank statements, credit cards... Bring all documents. Some documents may receive more or less attention than others, but you want to be on the safe side.

After applying, you'll pay the fee of $833.25 ARS (as of 1/16) at Banco Itaú. They will provide you the instructions to do this.

Generally, in one or two business days your passport with the visa will be ready for pick up.

Back