Getting a Divorce without going back to Argentina

I'm pretty sure you can. However you'll need a trusted lawyer here in Argentina (or the states) to process your case. The good news, is that you can go through a divorce process a lot easier, as the laws have been modernized recently.

As divorces go, as far as I am aware ... the proceedings need to take place in the jurisdiction where the marital home was made.

Some one fact check me on this please.

On a side note: Wow - Pensador you are not screwing around! I am sorry things have gotten this far for you.

She has been extremely disrespectful and lying to friends and family about what happened. She learned the hard way you do mess with an educated nurse in a pandemic. You cannot bend and must follow protocols. This is my obligation to Uruguay and the people of this country. All she had to do was were a facemask and practice distancing guidelines as set forth by the government of Uruguay. She and her friends I am sure thought I was just going to take it, well they are finding out.

She has been extremely disrespectful and lying to friends and family about what happened. She learned the hard way you do mess with an educated nurse in a pandemic. You cannot bend and must follow protocols. This is my obligation to Uruguay and the people of this country. All she had to do was were a facemask and practice distancing guidelines as set forth by the government of Uruguay. She and her friends I am sure thought I was just going to take it, well they are finding out.
Well you are a man of principle and procedure. It's not a crime. I am sure she knew this before the pandemic arrived.

You need to be happy and happy with who is with you. Perhaps it's best? This may give you an opportunity to improve upon what you had.

I am rooting for you to come out of this and do well.

Sorry to hear it's come to that. Best of luck....!

Divorce process is very simple in Argentina.

You can have a "unilateral" divorce. this means, you do not require her signature or permission.

If there are no kids or common assets, its v v easy and can done in 7 working days.

It must done at same jurisdiction where the marriage was done..

So just find a lawyer ( in same city where you got married), send him a POA signed/legalized at embassy of Argentina in Montevideo and to allow him to act on your behalf and done.

The funny part is I sent her face masks cause she has to wear them now. Did not want to fallow guidelines here ... now she has to in Argentina it is the law. It was surreal it was like she and her friends were just like oh you will get over it and we will do what we want. Well, i guess not.

Back