Getting A Us Tourist Visa For Brazilian Gf

Commodorius

Registered
Hi folks,

I read some good stuff on here about couples with significant others getting tourist visas to visit the states with the general consensus being "tell the truth and see what happens" vs "lie about relationship status." Great. However, my gf is really nervous about the whole things and I want to allay here anxieties. Anyone been through this process recently with a gf/bf? We just want to go up to the States next month during her winter break from UBA. Maybe ten days max. A big question is if being Brazilian and getting the visa here in BsAs makes any difference....

Advice and anecdotes are appreciated (if only to calm the little lady down a bit. ;) ) Cheers.

All I can report is AR girlfriend received a US Tourist Visa and we did everything by the numbers on the application. She used my US address and name as the a point of destination in the USA and noted myself as a "FRIEND" on the application. Also noted on the application I was going to help pay her airfare. Sure the interviewer could read between the lines and she did get a drilling about our relationship from interviewer. She got her Visa. Firm believer in playing everything by the numbers. These people have heard every story on the Planet and can see through BS in a heart beat. Personally think a Brazilian will have an easier go of it than an Argentine.

Good luck

Back