Getting Clave Fiscal late; declaring no income

cool_expat

Registered
Hello everyone! (first post)
I have stayed in Argentina since January, past my tourist visa, because of the quarantine (which I hear is legally ok for now).
Now I would like to get a Clave Fiscal, but I am worried the authorities will ask me why I didn't get one sooner.
I will also be declaring no income, because I am living on savings.
I would be very appreciative if anyone has thoughts on either of these two questions :
1. Am I likely to get in trouble for not seeking a Clave Fiscal earlier?
2. Will the authorities demand I provide proof of having no income?
Thanks!

I have stayed in Argentina since January, past my tourist visa, because of the quarantine (which I hear is legally ok for now).
Now I would like to get a Clave Fiscal, but I am worried the authorities will ask me why I didn't get one sooner.
I would be very appreciative if anyone has thoughts on either of these two questions :
Thanks!
Why do you need the clave fiscal? You are a tourist here. No you will not get in trouble, they might just be scratching their heads as to why you need it...and why you are filing a tax return if you don’t have to.

Thanks for responding dsp27! I need a CDI in order to obtain a Clave Fiscal, which I need in order to fill out a certain form that is required for receiving medication from my home country (I need to receive medication from my home country - one that is not produced here)...

Thanks for responding dsp27! I need a CDI in order to obtain a Clave Fiscal, which I need in order to fill out a certain form that is required for receiving medication from my home country (I need to receive medication from my home country - one that is not produced here)...
Can’t you talk to a doctor here who can order it for you and use their credentials?

Thanks!
1- no
2- no
If you cannot find a way around this to get your meds ( third party ) you should not have problems. Getting clave fiscal does not mean you are working or generating income.

1- no
2- no
If you cannot find a way around this to get your meds ( third party ) you should not have problems. Getting clave fiscal does not mean you are working or generating income.
This is a relief to hear! Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Expat Life 2
S Expat Life 5
Gringoboy Expat Life 55
Back