Getting Dollars Or Euros In Argentina Immediately

MeredithH

Registered
Hey guys,

I'm a journalist who recently moved to Buenos Aires and I'm writing an article about a 3-month-old company that has tourists/foreigners pay over Paypal to have dollars or Euros brought straight to them in the cafe of their choice. I know there are other similar companies but haven't yet heard of one that uses Paypal & offers instant delivery. I'd love to get your insights--if you're interested in sharing email might be best: [email protected].

Thanks a lot!

Meredith

Sounds almost too good to be true? Can you give their name?

Also, it would be interesting to ask them if they accept bitcoins instead of PayPal. For example, I send them bitcoins, they deliver physical dollars.

yes tell us more of send me a personal message...... what are fees and what is the catch???

Be careful, this could be a hook. There are people that do this, but only with friends and relatives for over a year. Paypal transactions are easily reverted, no company would take the risk doing it with strangers...

Agree with Nikad:
Not to say the request is not legit, but from my experience, anyone worth their salt in this type of deal is not going to let just any outsider into their world or talk about it. The unspoken CODE in Argentina. Fear of AFIP is right up there with those goose-stepping SOBs.

What Nikad says about PayPal being easily reversed is true. That aspect would make me suspicious. I had someone pull this on me in a different situation with PayPal, and even though I could prove that he was lying his credit card company decided in his favor (PayPal actually doesn't have much power in these disputes, I found out).

Someone would have to be quite stupid to offer this as a PayPal-related service to strangers in Argentina.

Hey guys,

So I wrote about the company (http://roadsandkingdoms.com/2014/the-cash-peddlers-of-buenos-aires/) and now I've been asked by another publication to write a more in-depth piece on the black market here. I'd love to get comments from anyone about what you use, if you have a person or service you pay for black market rates, or if you just go to the cash machine. Any companies or individuals can be anonymous if necessary.

Thanks!
Meredith
[email protected]

Hey guys,

So I wrote about the company (http://roadsandkingd...f-buenos-aires/) and now I've been asked by another publication to write a more in-depth piece on the black market here. I'd love to get comments from anyone about what you use, if you have a person or service you pay for black market rates, or if you just go to the cash machine. Any companies or individuals can be anonymous if necessary.

Thanks!
Meredith
[email protected]

I read the article and have never heard of anybody getting 13 pesos per dollar (I did get 12 once in Bariloche, but only for consumo at a restaurant, though I did benefit from some change).

Not quite black (blue) market more card (tarjeta) rate, but most of us use Xoom (USA) or Azimo (UK) to receive blue rate dollars in pesos here.
The company that works for both at this end is called ArgenPer.

Back