Getting replacement DNI for foreigners

SaraSara

Registered
My daughter's DNI was stolen; she has to replace it but she's being given the runaround by a bunch of bureaucrats and getting nowhere.

Can anyone help her? This is what she sent me:

"I am a permanent resident and had an Extranjero's DNI, but it was stolen. I can't seem to get through to any of the phone numbers they have given me to ask for an appointment for a duplicate foreigners DNI. They either cut you off after going through a menu, or don't answer, or tell you you're calling the wrong place and give you another number.

Has anyone managed to replace a stolen foreigner's DNI lately? Help!!!

I've tried these numbers with no luck:

5222-7117
4317-0234 ext 0238
0-800-333728742
0800-9999-DNI
4317-0234 opción 3
"

THANKS...!

SaraSara said:
My daughter's DNI was stolen; she has to replace it but she's being given the runaround by a bunch of bureaucrats and getting nowhere.

Can anyone help her? This is what she sent me:

"I am a permanent resident and had an Extranjero's DNI, but it was stolen. I can't seem to get through to any of the phone numbers they have given me to ask for an appointment for a duplicate foreigners DNI. They either cut you off after going through a menu, or don't answer, or tell you you're calling the wrong place and give you another number.

Has anyone managed to replace a stolen foreigner's DNI lately? Help!!!

I've tried these numbers with no luck:

5222-7117
4317-0234 ext 0238
0-800-333728742
0800-9999-DNI
4317-0234 opción 3
"

THANKS...!

Forget about doing anything on the phone. She can go to the office of the RNP that issues extranjero DNIs (same address as the office of migraciones on Antardia) and apply for a replacement there.

They should have all of her information in the computer. Hopefully, all she will need is her passport, but they might ask for a certificado de domicilio and/or a certificate of her permanent residency (available from migraciones for $50 pesos).

Back