Getting Spanish Subtitles For Shows And Movies!?!?!

shoush

Registered
hey, i keep wanting to watch some of my all time favourite movies with my husband, like"breakfast club", "swingers", "better off dead" etc ... i can easily find the movies to download but is their some kind of movie website or program that has spanish subtitles to those movies. I really want my husband to watch the movies!!!!!!!

Dload the torrent, copy the name of the mp4, go to google.com.ar type in subtitulos + paste the mp4 file name, press return and a whole bunch of options should come up. Subdivx is one of the more common sites, podnapisi.net is another, there's someone posting as Argenteam who does good subtitles, i've never actually googled to see if they have their own site, i'm sure they do.

Anyway rest of steps are: Dload the subtitles file, make sure name matches exactly with sub file (ie cut and paste name of one to other if necessary), then play the file on a programme like VLC player and it will pick up the subs automatically.

Suerte!

Btw, Better off Dead!!!! Yessss! Lol total classic from my childhood/preteen years. John cusack was so young in it!

Have you tried Netflix? The foreign versions of it force you to have subtitles in the local language (a little distracting tbh but very convenient in this case). I prefer the American version and I use software to be able to get it since you have more availability (by far), but the cost is so small (for all versions) and you get a 30 day FREE trial.... why not? If you don't want it after 29 days just cancel your membership.

Dload the torrent, copy the name of the mp4, go to google.com.ar type in subtitulos + paste the mp4 file name, press return and a whole bunch of options should come up. Subdivx is one of the more common sites, podnapisi.net is another, there's someone posting as Argenteam who does good subtitles, i've never actually googled to see if they have their own site, i'm sure they do.

Anyway rest of steps are: Dload the subtitles file, make sure name matches exactly with sub file (ie cut and paste name of one to other if necessary), then play the file on a programme like VLC player and it will pick up the subs automatically.

Suerte!

Im seriously an idiot when it comes to computers, so heres a stupid question, i downloaded "u torrent" is that right?, i dont understand what and where the name of the mp4 is???
thanks so much:)

www.podnapisi.net
www.subtitulos.es
www.addic7ed.com
www.opensubtitles.org
www.subtitleseeker.com (this one collects links to subs from various sites, including the ones above)

It's very important to match the subs you download to the particular version of the movie that you're downloading. Otherwise, the subs may be hopelessly out of sync. (There are dozens of groups on the internet that "rip" movies in various formats and upload them; some of the names you may see for movies are names like axxo, yify, MAXSPEED, and SPARKS, but there are way too many names to list. Getting a match on these names for both the movie and the subs almost guarantees you a trouble-free subtitle experience.) Podnapisi.net is good at listing these names, and at filtering for Spanish (and now even for Argentina, but you want to include both Spanish and Argentine Spanish in your filter).

I now check the names of the available subs first, before downloading the movie, and try to get an exact match, because if you don't, you may only match up the subs with difficulty, or not at all, and you'll have to figure out the controls of the software to shift the timing of the subs relative to the movie (I also recommend VLC media player for playing movies, with or without subs).

If you don't find an exact match, the next thing you should try to match is the type of rip (again, there are many, but the common ones are DVDRIP, BRRIP or BLURAY, SCREENER, CAM (not recommended; these are recorded in the theater with a video camera) ).

If you don't find a good match, download all the subs you can find for the movie, then you can name them MovieName.es1.srt, MovieName.es2.srt, etc., and cycle through them with the player while the movie is playing. This is a good idea in general, as all subtitles are not created equal. Some are so bad as to be totally useless.

If all else fails and the only subtitles you can find are not in sync with the only version of the movie you can find, you can download a program called Subtitle Edit (sorry, Windows only) from here: http://www.nikse.dk/subtitleedit

You may find it a little tricky at first, but with a little practice you'll find it very easy. I frequently use the following features:
  • Visual sync (lets you watch a start clip and end clip and sync with lines in the subtitles -- makes synchronizing very easy)
  • Shifting all the subs in the subtitles file by a certain amount of time
  • Fix common spelling and OCR errors
  • Remove "hearing impaired" subtitles (some of those are horrible)
  • Extend the time that each sub stays on the screen (this is occasionally very useful)

It's always best to find that exact match, but it's good to have other options when that match doesn't exist.

thank so much for all the help! i just downloaded netflix...haha! in this specific moment everything else seemed to difficult!
really appreciate the help though, after i finish my 30 day trial i will follow the steps!

Im seriously an idiot when it comes to computers, so heres a stupid question, i downloaded "u torrent" is that right?, i dont understand what and where the name of the mp4 is???
thanks so much:)

.mp4 is the extension for the name of the file that contains the movie, but that extension can be a number of other things, too, most commonly .avi or .mkv.

For example, if you download the movie Oz: The Great and Powerful, and the computer filename for the movie is Oz.the.Great.and.Powerful.2013.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4, and the subtitle file that you download has the name OzTheGreat.srt, rename the subtitle file to Oz.the.Great.and.Powerful.2013.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.srt, so that the subtitle filename matches the movie filename, except for the extension .srt.

Also, make sure to copy the subtitles file into the same folder as the movie, so that the VLC player can find it.

And one more thing. If my long post above has you a little intimidated, don't be. I just tried to mention as many things as I could that are useful to know, especially for the times when you're having trouble. In practice, most of the time you won't have to worry about a lot of the things mentioned.

Still, for a newbie, a little bit of research and caution is advisable. Select your torrents from a site with user comments, and pick a valid movie file with some decent feedback. Not only will this save you from downloading a poor quality or non-working copy, but also help you avoid the worst case scenario - downloading malware. It's important to make sure that you are actually downloading a movie file with, as mentioned, commonly an avi or mkv file extension, and not an exe file.

Yes utorrent is correct, but then you need to use a torrent site to search for movies, ie the ones I use lately are isohunt, yify (can't remember exact address, just google yify), and piratebay. On sites like Isohunt it's a good idea to read the comments and make sure that people are saying that the torrent is real and not a fake, and that the quality is worthwhile. Yify has been really good quality, I downloaded Toy Story for my son and the quality was fantastic.

Back