Getting Temporary Residence, Year 2

TomAtAlki

Registered
First, I know there have been many threads on this subject but I think I have a unique question.

I (we) received our 1st temporary residence last April.

1. Do I need all of the same paperwork to get the second year?

2. If yes then re: the FBI report. We left here June 15, 2015 to Europe. Were in Europe (and Turkey) until Aug 25th when we went to the US. We left the US to AR on Oct 22. We were in Europe approx 2 months and the US approx 2 months and in AR the majority of the remaining time.

Does anyone know if a US FBI report is needed under these circumstances?

I realize this is a very technical question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T/

You don't need a new FBI report to renew your temporary residency, even if you spent almost six months outside of Argentina. You must be in Argentina at least six months of the year in order to renew the visa, so you're OK on that point.

You will have to supply a new Argentine criminal report and photocopies of all pages of your passports as well as "proof" that your stable foreign income will continue (for example: Social Security Benefit Letter (translated and with the Apostille if issued in the USA or "legalized" if issued by the SBU at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires).

You don't need a new FBI report to renew your temporary residency, even if you spent almost six months outside of Argentina. You must be in Argentina at least six months of the year in order to renew the visa, so you're OK on that point.

You will have to supply a new Argentine criminal report and photocopies of all pages of your passports as well as "proof" that your stable foreign income will continue (for example: Social Security Benefit Letter (translated and with the Apostille if issued in the USA or "legalized" if issued by the SBU at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires).
Thank you Steve!

Back