Getting to Montevideo by ColoniaExpress

mcaffa

Registered
Just got back from a refreshing weekend stay in Montevideo. Normally I go by Buquebus but last week I heard about their new competitor, Colonia Express, and decided to try them out. All I can say is that they have stolen at least one customer away from Buquebus.
Why? 1) CE is cheaper, 2) Check-in time is much shorter than BuqueBus, as there are less passengers, 3) The boat is fast - 50 minutes to Colonia (and a 2.5 hour bus ride to Montevideo). 4) They have great transport/hotel/meal packages that actually save you quite a bit of $.
The only problem is that their website is pretty crappy and you have to buy tickets by phone or at their office.
Anyways...just wanted to tell you about this alternative. Their website is www.coloniaexpress.com.

Competition is a good thing with these ferry companies. I imagine there's enough traffic going through to keep them all busy though.
I took Buquebus before and it was a good trip.

"Bill" said:
Competition is a good thing with these ferry companies. I imagine there's enough traffic going through to keep them all busy though.
I took Buquebus before and it was a good trip.

I also think they will do well. Considering the boat was pretty much filled in the wintertime is a good sign. I imagine they will do extremely well in the summer.

Back