Getting USD out on the ATM

NoVegetables

Registered
I feel like these questions must have been answered before but I could not find the exact answers. So please forgive me if I’m asking for repition.

If you have an Argentinian USD savings account:
1. Are there ATMs in CABA that will give you USD? If so which ones?

2. Do you have to have an account with that exact bank or branch to withdraw USD?

3. If the answer to question 2 is no, can any Argentine USD account be used at these ATMs.

4. Are the any government imposed limits on these withdrawals? (Or well known general bank imposed limits)

Thanks a lot

I feel like these questions must have been answered before but I could not find the exact answers. So please forgive me if I’m asking for repition.

If you have an Argentinian USD savings account:
1. Are there ATMs in CABA that will give you USD? If so which ones?

2. Do you have to have an account with that exact bank or branch to withdraw USD?

3. If the answer to question 2 is no, can any Argentine USD account be used at these ATMs.

4. Are the any government imposed limits on these withdrawals? (Or well known general bank imposed limits)

No ATMs in Argentina dispense dollars now and haven't for more than a decade..

No ATMs in Argentina dispense dollars now and haven't for more than a decade..
I think Santander used to have dollar ATMs. I don't know whether they have them now.
I've had a Santander dollar and peso account for over a decade. I have to say that I never actually tried to withdraw dollars from one of their ATMs at any of their branches using my Santander debit card, but I'm sure it is now impossible as that option is not available when using one of their ATMs

PS: When the dollar and the peso were pegged one to one many ATMs could dispense either currency, but that changed a number of years before I arrived in May of 2006.

In 2006 most ATMs still "offered a choice" between dollars and pesos, but none that I ever tried (using my US debit cad) had any dollars to despence, only pesos.

Last edited:
if you have an account just go into the teller and withdraw your USD
...and never pay for anything online from your dollar account because (if I understand corectly) you will only gete the official exchange rate when paying in pesos.

Back