Give This Man A Medal.

PhilipDT

Registered
www.lanacion.com.ar/m1/1684096-proponen-quitar-planes-sociales-a-piqueteros-que-corten-calles-en-la-capital

Según explicó el propio Rebot a LA NACION, la iniciativa intenta agregar en el Código Contravencional "la pérdida temporal o definitiva de beneficios por parte del Estado cuando se atenta a la conviviencia general".

creo que hay un reconocimiento del hastío y cansancio de la población a este tipo de actividades, que a lo mejor tiene los mismos problemas pero no protesta de esa forma. Hoy el diagrama del piquete es extorsivo porque dicen 'si no me arreglan mi problema, jodo a todo el mundo'

Los ciudadanos no tienen porque estar pagando un subsidio a un tipo que está jorobando al resto. Aplicar la ley no es criminalizar la protesta

Seriously, gold star for you! Probably won't pass but we can dream can't we.

Follow the example of the great Morris Dees. When the criminal justice system doesn't work. -and in argentina it's completely broken-, hit those bastards where it hurts. Their pocket books.

It seems you still don't understand Argentina. Even if it becomes some kind of law this will happen:

Police officer: sir, you're obstructing the street.
Piquetero: yeah, so?
Police officer: You leave me no other choicer than taking away your welfare then. Hand me your DNI.
Piquetero: wtf!? I don't have it with me and even If I had it I wouldn't hand it to you.
Police officer: b... b... but I can't take you to prison!
Piquetero: no, you can't. If you dare to put a finger on me we'll throw stones at you and kick the shlt out of you with the sticks we have.
Police officer: But your face will be in every security camera! You could really go to jail if you hurt me. I'm serious!!!
Piquetero: Are you blind moth3rfuck3r? Can't you see I have my face covered, like a fcking ninja!
Police officer: (scratches his head) uh, ok, I guess you are right. Have a nice day then! We'll stay nearby so that we can take care of you in case any trouble rises.
Piquetero: Bltch!

I think the dni database now includes a thumbprint record (which incidentally they ask you for when you leave the country).

So I guess all it would take would be for the authorities to request their thumbprint in order to identify them, no need for a physical dni card.

These piqueteros people is the lower starta this country have. The most poor people. So while the State convalidates all this corruption of entrepreneur class, and big bussiness are being made, this people is the ones that pay.
I find ok that these people, the lower you can get in Argentine society, protest. They are the victims, they are the ones that pay for every thing that goes wrong in this country, corruption, mafias, they are the ones that most suffer, the ones that live in poorer conditions, the ones that get NOTHING from the state, but an isnignificant social plan of 2000 pesos. Work in negro, with no social cover of any kind, must use public health and education, which it can be good, but this is no Canada or Sweden.

So basically, this law criminalize their poverty situation and their right to protest. Of course came from right wing Pro.

wait, isn't the right to protest one of the main tenets of a democracy?

wait, isn't the right to protest one of the main tenets of a democracy?
The law does not prevent protest, just the right of anyone to block a public street. As righteous as my protest with LAN airlines, why should I be allowed to block a public street in order to protest? Very few countries allow protesters to block public streets.

It does not effect me, but the people that need to get to work, deliver goods, etc and actually do something to contribute to society and pay taxes - their lives are unnecessarily disrupted.

I was once helping a friend shoot this documentary about "un techo para mi pais" so we went to a very poor place in Florencio Varela where the houses were being built. Off cameras we started talking to the woman who was getting her home built and she told us how the puntero kept I don't remember what percentage of her plan (it was a lot, like 50%) in exchange of her not having to go to work so she could take care of her children. This was a rumor I often heard but it was "interesting" to hear it from the actual affected person.
This sums up all the piquetes. One guy who makes a lot of money and hides behind all this illiterate people. It's not about poor people protesting to get a job or some help. Oh, and then you have Quebracho who are just anarchists.

So, they should go after the puntero but that's not going to happen because when it's voting time the guy can be very helpful.

Según explicó el propio Rebot a LA NACION, la iniciativa intenta agregar en el Código Contravencional "la pérdida temporal o definitiva de beneficios por parte del Estado cuando se atenta a la conviviencia general".

This could be applied to the tax delinquents here (Argentina should get twice more money from taxes -> don't remember the % but it's huge), but they usually reply "No quiero pagar por estos planes". They get a shitty security & uneducated poors in return, you get what you don't pay for.

Vicious circle

I was once helping a friend shoot this documentary about "un techo para mi pais" so we went to a very poor place in Florencio Varela where the houses were being built. Off cameras we started talking to the woman who was getting her home built and she told us how the puntero kept I don't remember what percentage of her plan (it was a lot, like 50%) in exchange of her not having to go to work so she could take care of her children. This was a rumor I often heard but it was "interesting" to hear it from the actual affected person.
This sums up all the piquetes. One guy who makes a lot of money and hides behind all this illiterate people. It's not about poor people protesting to get a job or some help. Oh, and then you have Quebracho who are just anarchists.

So, they should go after the puntero but that's not going to happen because when it's voting time the guy can be very helpful.

Excuse me, but not every piquete is the same, there are very valid protests. There are a looooot of piquetes, I guess you have it from different kind, I guess you have it with mafia and without it. I know of some piquetes that worth.

One more thing, the piquetes are ILLEGAL, cause they cut our right to circulate. Thats the grace, but we should ask ourselves what happened to get that far, and the answer is the protests like that were invented in the 90s when nobody cared, nobody gave a shit about this people who were totally abandoned by society. So they interrupted a route (the first ones were in routes) just to penetrate better into society with its slogans, with their messages. If they protest without calling our attention, they get ignorance from everybody, and since they dont have press nobody knows how bad things are. So the grace is that we must get angry with them, with traffic, with how bad things are. The main risponsable of these situations is always the State, which is the only one they can ask for something. the only actor from they can demand.

Back