Giving Birth In Argentina

I just searched "giving birth" and this post came up - several people have recommended Mater Dei to me recently but without anything specific, would you mind elaborating on the fantastic care and sharing a bit of your experience with me? I would SO appreciate it. I am fluent in Spanish with OSDE 310 and a porteño husband, pero de todos modos still new here and this is my first pregnancy. All details and recs and firsthand experience highly appreciated!!!

My twins were born at 34 weeks and spent 2 weeks in the neo-natal unit at Mater Dei. We knew there was a good chance they would arrive early & my FIL who is an OB/GYN had strongly recommended Mater as he felt their neo unit was one of the best in Capital. The hospital itself is not all that glamorous (ie, you're not going to be served 5 star meals and you probably won't run into any stars in there getting treatment) but the place was spotless, doctors and nurses were on top of things in terms of care and I felt like the care my kids were receiving was top notch.

ETA - I'm sure you know but you need to talk with the OB and find out which hospital s/he can deliver at and then you can go visit several and see what a good fit is for you.

If born in Argentina your Girl will need the fathers permission to leave the country for the next 18 years :rolleyes:

Back