Godiva, Ritter Sport and other chocolates

caballito24

Registered
Hello! Does anyone know where to get these brands or other high-quality chocolate here?

Lindt is the best I've seen and it is available at Disco, Carrefour, and Jumbo most of the time (depending on the store and the day but usually).

The chocolate at Volta (the ice cream shop) is pretty good. (And they deliver!) http://unaltravolta.com.ar/

Hmm... Wasn't there also a Lindt shop at the Dot Baires mall? or did it close?

The Lindt shop was still there when I was at DOT last month.

Ritter Sport you can find in a lot of supermarkets, but not always, sometimes they get it and sometimes there are months without any. The prices are very high. Ritter Sport e.g. is a very cheap chocolate in germany, 100 g is about 80 Cents, here it is 15 pesos.
Lindt is about 30 pesos, which is a lot (in Europe between 1,50 and 2 €).
And I dont´t know if it is the same, you have to look where it is produced. Some of the chocolate brands are made in Brasil or Argentina like Milka. The Milka here is not the same than the Milka in Europe, unfortunately :-(

Every now and then and only when the weather is cold, a shipment of Milka Chocolates from Germany gets put out there and is distributed to just a few shops. Keep an eye out for the varieties, 100g bars of chocolate truffle, creme or caramel filled bars, very thin, with the same purple wrapper with the image of the friendly cow, however all of the writing is in Deutch. That´s how you will know it's not Milka Industria Argentina, which is pretty good tasting for mass produced Chocolate.

A quick question: why those specific big-name brands? What's wrong with the many high-end chocolates that come out of Bariloche?

where exactly have you seen ritter sport bars? ie, what supermarkets? also, where would i find the chocolate from bariloche? that sounds great, but i haven't seen it.

caballito24 said:
where exactly have you seen ritter sport bars? ie, what supermarkets? also, where would i find the chocolate from bariloche? that sounds great, but i haven't seen it.

I believe the kiosk in Alto Palermo contains the chocolate Abuela Goye from Bariloche and theres also a tourist "mall" on Plaza de Mayo that has a sample of all the main Bariloche brands..on left hand side when facing rivadavia. I really dont get the Bariloche chooclate thing as whats sold here always tastes "fusty" ie old to me. A chocognac on the slopes was the best cholocate offering in Bariloche..

Back