Going Rate For A Housekeeper

NoVegetables

Registered
Hey guys, what's the going rate for a housekeeper these days? Someone to do basic cleaning and maintenance, generally keeping an apartment from becoming a pigsty. Last I remember it was 30 or 35 an hour, but that was over a year ago. The way things change around here that number could be anything now.

until recently i was paying 35 per hr but if i added all the items she breaks each time she should be paying me $35usd! each time she comes thus she no longer comes! very honest but like an elephant in a china shop!

70 an hour but she only comes 3 hours a week.
And I include her viatico in that (I said, lets round it because otherwise finding change was nightmare).

70 an hour but she only comes 3 hours a week.
And I include her viatico in that (I said, lets round it because otherwise finding change was nightmare).

Mine actually works for the woman who owns my department, but I pay her. The owner said give her 70 pesos for two hours, plus 10 more for bus fare. That seemed way too low to me, so I tried to give her 150 total, pretending to misunderstand the hourly rate. She would not accept more than 100, she literally put the other 50 down on my dining table and wouldn't let me give it back to her. I have tried since to give her 120, and she did the same thing, she just flat won't accept more than 100 pesos for her 2 hour shift. I just feel bad about paying this sweet grandmotherly, ("catorce nietos", she told me proudly), woman so little. It seems like exploitation, and my conscience really bothers me.

If I were you I would use the extra money to drown my sorrows with a venti caramel macciato with an espresso shot. ;)

you could buy her some gifts and give her some more work and pay her handsomely for it. where their is a will, their is a way.

To the OP - are you doing hourly? Standard hourly rates are probably around 40 . Full time is a different salary structure.

Back