Going Rates For A Electrician

Ceviche

Registered
What is the right rate to pay a electrician working in your apartment for a private job?

Any bench mark?

Thanks

How complex is the job and how long (estimated) is going to take?

The best option would be to have more than one budget to compare. The administration of the consorcio where I live recently paid $600 to an electritian to instal one emergency light, which is very easy to do and took some 30 minutes to do. We know that the percentage for the administration was included in the official price.

i will probably have my building electrician do it for me. but I would like to know the best rate to pay him without him exploiting me or me exploiting him

i will probably have my building electrician do it for me. but I would like to know the best rate to pay him without him exploiting me or me exploiting him
building electrician is perhaps the best. I have a friend electrician come by, he charged me 400 peso for the hour, and a non friend guy to
refill my AC (one ac), he charged me 800 pesos.

We paid the potero 400 pesos to rewire our phone (change the location of the wire) including materials. It was a half day job. This was in October. Not really electrical work, but kind of close.
I would say more than 1000 pesos per day is too much, but that is just my opinion.

Can anyone recommend a good one? I'm in the Palermo Hollywood / Colegiales area

I can recommend Marcelo. Very reasonable & smart. He rewired the building's intercom. Not so easy in a building that's over 100 Years old.
He replaced 3 outlets in my bedroom. & repaired a ceiling light that had stopped working. Total cost was around $400 pesos. (This was last year)
I had bought the electrical outlets at Easy. Doesn't speak English. PM if you need his phone number. Young guy very quiet. Comes with a bag full of electrical gadgets. Very trustworthy. The architect downstairs from me gave him the key to his apt !!!.
A rare find indeed.

Jose came highly recommended on this forum. He did two major jobs for us and he has been super professional and reliable.

Jose 1558683187

You might consider Marcelo too. Very reliable & trustworthy.
No habla Ingles. Spanish only.
Marcelo 15-5126-0457.

Back