Going Rates For Cuevas Increased?

nikad

Registered
My favorite cueva was charging 1.5% to bring dollars in Arg. I was told today that due to increasing demand, they raised their fees to 3%. How much are you being charged for cueva services? Any recommendations welcome!

Go to Colonia and get 900 USD per card per day.
If you stay overnight in a cheap hostel(about 10 bucks) you can get money for 2 days for the same boat ticket cost(about 50 USD round trip).
All safe and proved, plus you can buy some imported foods and other stuff in Colonia and the Buquebus free shop.

That seems to be the new norm.
Looks like more money flowing back into Argentina.

Go to Colonia and get 900 USD per card per day.
If you stay overnight in a cheap hostel(about 10 bucks) you can get money for 2 days for the same boat ticket cost(about 50 USD round trip).
All safe and proved, plus you can buy some imported foods and other stuff in Colonia and the Buquebus free shop.
I need to bring in a relatively large sum, I wish I could do the Colonia :p

I need to bring in a relatively large sum, I wish I could do the Colonia :p

Hello Nikad,

If you send yourself money through Western Union, you can cash and bring up to 9,999 Dollars back with you. In Uruguay, they'll pay you in US Dollars. I used to go to Colonia myself, do the one day trip, pick up the money in wester union and come back.

Colonia Express has cheap tickets and western union has locations 4, 5 blocks from the port.

If you need a list of Western union locations for cash pick ups, let me know.

Good luck!

Back