Going To Brasil With Expired Visa

NickBA

Registered
I'm planning a trip to Brazil in two weeks and currently have an expired Argentine tourist visa (about 7 months expired). I understand that I cannot receive my Brazilian tourist visa until I have a valid Argentine visa, and the only thing that I can do at Migraciones is go 10 days before I leave the country for a Permicion Salida. From what I can see, my best course of action is to take a quick trip to Carmelo, pay the fee, and get a stamp (hopefully) upon my return to Argentina, at which point I'll deal with my Brazilian visa issues.

Has anybody experienced this situation? More specifically, is there a risk that at the Uruguay/Argentine border they will not let me re-enter the country? Any help/knowledge would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Are you from the US? You're going to be cutting it very close if you are and need a travel visa to Brasil - do you have your appt at the Brasilian consulate already and all the required paperwork? It takes several days once the paperwork is accepted to get your visa. And at least in my experience, they don't usually accept all the paperwork on your first attempt.

As for Argentina re-admitting you, there are no guarantees but it wouldn't personally worry me.

Yes I'm from the US. I've already been to the Brasilian consulate with an appointment, and was told that I could return any day first thing in the morning without an appointment. According to the website, it take a max of 3 days to process the visa, and I overheard the lady at the consulate telling the man in front of me that his would be processed in 1 day (also from the US). My paperwork is all in order, so my major concern is getting back from Uruguay with no problems, as my visa has been expired for a significant amount of time.

I am in the same boat, but my visa expired a month ago, Am I not able to get an extention on my visa now? I have my turno in the consulate of brasil on the 9th and the cruise is on the 13th. I was told the Brazilian visa is done over night 24 hours by the lady at reception. Should I just go colonia and come back in the following day? Pay the fines and get the stamp? Btw I had already done an extention on my visa this year but i exited for cuba and came back in 2 weeks after

Is it possible to go to colonia via colonia express and come back, Well i really want to know if the fines can be paid on the spot there or I need to go to migraciones

Stay current on the opening hours of the Brasilian consulate. The consulate in Miami closed for the month of December and friends were not able to get their visa's. With the holidays here , try not to leave anything to chance. Like them closing for a week , unannounced.

Well, Yesterday I went to Migraciones payed the Permicion de Salida fee of 300 pesos, I am going to Colonia today coming back tomorrow and my turno at the consulate of brasil is on wednesday. The visa is issued in 24 hours. I had all my papers checked at the consulate prior to my turno and everything was in order, so I think I have everything covered now. Thanks

Can you just buy the Permision de Salida at any border crossing? I want to go to Colonia to renew my visa. Can I pay that $300 on my way out of town via Colonia Express?

Can you just buy the Permision de Salida at any border crossing? I want to go to Colonia to renew my visa. Can I pay that $300 on my way out of town via Colonia Express?
Well, Yesterday I went to Migraciones payed the Permicion de Salida fee of 300 pesos, I am going to Colonia today coming back tomorrow and my turno at the consulate of brasil is on wednesday. The visa is issued in 24 hours. I had all my papers checked at the consulate prior to my turno and everything was in order, so I think I have everything covered now. Thanks

I have the same question.. Do you have to go to Migraciones to pay the fee?

Pay it at the border when you leave the country. They'll give you lots of dirty looks and will probably try to lecture you, but you'll be fine.

Back