Going To Chinatown Tomorrow - What Should I Buy???

Joe

Registered
What are the best buys in Chinatown? Things that you can't get elsewhere or are cheaper?

Any restaurant recommendations for lunch, Chinese or Japanese?

I can only suggest food. I don't like Belgrano's Chinatown much, I find it boring. But if you like oriental food then that's your place.

Reactions: Joe
Fresh fish is your best bet, best selection and lots of rotation gives you good quality. Also toasted sesame oil, many types of rice noodles. Large selection of spices, however prices aren't that great, best prices are in Liniers for spices, dry beans, etc.

Fresh fish is your best bet, best selection and lots of rotation gives you good quality. Also toasted sesame oil, many types of rice noodles. Large selection of spices, however prices aren't that great, best prices are in Liniers for spices, dry beans, etc.
Given the fresh fish is there a good sushi restaurant open for lunch there?

If tomorrow means Monday, save yourself the trip, most things are closed Mondays in barrio chino.

I had a great sushi lunch special at China Rose on Mendoza.

Not Tofu: it's as expensive as everywhere in BsArs, 28 pesos (the biological version).

Tofu - there's a place that makes their own - Defu (Arribeños 2233)... the marinated tofu and fried ones are great & it's super cheap. There's also fresh noodles.
Also, Asian veggies (anywhere), and legumes (Casa China).

Avoid the bubble tea - the tapioca pearls are like mushed peas

Monday, most things closed, hope you saw that before you head over!

Back