Good Argentine champagne

nativexpat

Registered
A foreign friend cannot remember the name of a "great Argentine champagne" she drank while visiting and I have no idea whatsoever (I wasn't aware that argentina produced champagne --- embarrassing, I know... :eek:).. I do not drink and have zero interest and knowledge in wines, but at least I should know one name... cultura general.

So, can anyone give me a clue? Thanks

French (grapes), but grown on Argentine soil... from Moet Chandon... produced and sold under the name Chandon here... is very drinkable. Produced in the same method...from vines cloned from the same grapes...I am told.

Some other very good champagnes from Argentina are Nieto Senetiner Extra Brut and Finca La Linda Extra Brut.......

There are several methods used to produce sparkling wines in Argentina. Most of the cheaper champagnes produce bubbly by injecting carbon dioxide into the wine. The more traditional way of producing champagne is through secondary fermentation in the bottle. The latter process produces a higher quality sparkling wine.

Baron B Extra Brut and Espumante Carmelo Patti are two moderately priced good champagnes produced using natural methods instead of relying on injections of CO2. Chandon, sadly enough, cuts corners for the champagne produced in Argentina and uses the injection method. It is still drinkable but not the same quality as the name Chandon would imply.

dr__dawggy said:
There are several methods used to produce sparkling wines in Argentina. Most of the cheaper champagnes produce bubbly by injecting carbon dioxide into the wine. The more traditional way of producing champagne is through secondary fermentation in the bottle. The latter process produces a higher quality sparkling wine.

Baron B Extra Brut and Espumante Carmelo Patti are two moderately priced good champagnes produced using natural methods instead of relying on injections of CO2. Chandon, sadly enough, cuts corners for the champagne produced in Argentina and uses the injection method. It is still drinkable but not the same quality as the name Chandon would imply.

I second that on Baron B.......excellent champagne however it's now around $100 pesos a bottle. When my shop got robbed last year the guys who robbed me took the last 2 bottles and it was the only merchandise they stole (besides the money from the cash register of course)!

And what about a Sauvignon Blanc which stars with R? (it seems she drinks too much wine and can't remember afterwards... heheheh)

Thanks!

Davidglen77 said:
I second that on Baron B.......excellent champagne however it's now around $100 pesos a bottle. When my shop got robbed last year the guys who robbed me took the last 2 bottles and it was the only merchandise they stole (besides the money from the cash register of course)!

wow...100 pesos per bottle? Guess you can tell I have not bought any bubbly in a while. Curse those robbers who made off with your stash.

nativexpat said:
And what about a Sauvignon Blanc which stars with R? (it seems she drinks too much wine and can't remember afterwards... heheheh)

Thanks!

A very tasty and mild white wine is Rutini sauvignon blanc.......could be this one.

Back