"good Country Index"

ajoknoblauch

Registered
Argentina ranks in the middle, well below Chile and just below Paraguay: http://tinyurl.com/pvkbqv2

Not surprisingly the top of the list is full of the usual suspects.

The exp<b></b>ression "the usual suspects" implies something nefarious, but the Good Country Index "measure(s) what each country on earth contributes to the common good of humanity, and what it takes away by "using a wide range of data from the U.N. and other international organisations, (to) give each country a balance-sheet to show at a glance whether it’s a net creditor to mankind, a burden on the planet, or something in between."

For those who value what one country (on the whole or as an entity) does for the "common good of humanity" being at or near the top of the list would be an honor.

The exp<b></b>ression "the usual suspects" implies something nefarious, but the Good Country Index "measure(s) what each country on earth contributes to the common good of humanity, and what it takes away by "using a wide range of data from the U.N. and other international organisations, (to) give each country a balance-sheet to show at a glance whether it’s a net creditor to mankind, a burden on the planet, or something in between."

For those who value what one country (on the whole or as an entity) does for the "common good of humanity" being at or near the top of the list would be an honor.

Then, of course, there are those who are a bit unclear on the concept: http://tinyurl.com/pzuyjjq

The exp<b></b>ression "the usual suspects" implies something nefarious,

Yes, I'm aware of that Steve. It's also used ironically as above, implying that the European countries at the top of the list are the same countries that appear in all rankings of highest, best, etc. The only difference in this list is that Norway, Denmark and Sweden aren't 1-3.

I always wonder, please somebody enlight me, why if Argentina is a shit hole, and things are made sistematically wrong, and we re the last of several rankings from crappy magazines and other countries like Chile, Uruguay, or if you want the US, are a lot better in a lot of aspects..

why on earth we have soooo many expats here? why are we the number one destination, by far, of permatorurists, expats, etc? why you guys and the rest keep chosing Argentina instead of paradise Chile? Argentina is the numer one choice of expats who live in South America, did you know that? Not all of them are tied here with the love of their lives I guess. We are the number one choice. Above Chile, Uruguay, Colombia, etc How can we explain this, please somebody help me cause I dont understand.

Argentina in financial fiasco for the 7th time over? Why...The country has got land,natural resource,cattle and grain production.
Less than 50 million inhabitants living in that gran nation. ( Geographically ) but can not keep the books balanced, are they way too many "thieves" that comes in as new politicians each and every time with rising new regimes ? I really can not understand as to why this malice happens over and over in one of the best lands on earth?..Argentina could be one of the most prosperous nation but always find the way to inflict more severe punishment upon the nation... Why ? Anyone please explain....

http://panampost.com/mabel-velastegui/2013/09/20/where-are-migrants-flocking-to-in-south-america/

Ecuador has shown the most rapid and positive inflow, with a 357 percent increase. From 78,700 in 1990, the number of immigrants reached a new record of 359,300 in 2013. Similarly, the number of immigrants in both Chile and Guyana has almost quadrupled, from 107,500 to 398,300 and 4,100 to 14,800, respectively.

The remaining nations in the top five, in terms of percentage growth, are Bolivia and Suriname — although the British territory of the Falkland Islands comes in between the two with a 139 percent or 1,200-person increase.
Brazil and Uruguay were the only two South-American nations to see a decline, and both by a substantial magnitude of 25 percent. That pattern held true for the past 13 years as well, wherein Brazil lost 12 percent of its immigrant population and Uruguay lost 17 percent. All other South-American nations still saw population increases.

Argentina in financial fiasco for the 7th time over? Why...The country has got land,natural resource,cattle and grain production.
Less than 50 million inhabitants living in that gran nation. ( Geographically ) but can not keep the books balanced, are they way too many "thieves" that comes in as new politicians each and every time with rising new regimes ? I really can not understand as to why this malice happens over and over in one of the best lands on earth?..Argentina could be one of the most prosperous nation but always find the way to inflict more severe punishment upon the nation... Why ? Anyone please explain....

Joe blamed the Italians.

relative numbers! it says that Bolivia and Suriname are in the top 5!!
it shows how much they have grown, in percentage, not the absolute numbers. Brazil and Uruguay are negative but in absolute numbers they are above of all those countries. I cant provide a link right now, but I read in several (not argentine) places that Argentina is the number one in South America, and one of the most important places to recieve european and american immigration in these past years. Maybe there are lots of spaniards in that "european", but still.
And the number one destination in Latin America for american expats is by far Mexico.

Back