Good Quality Coffee In Buenos Aires

DCexpatstudent

Registered
So I just went to Tastadores de Cafe and actually got a good cup of coffee. The first I actually had that was of a good quality in this city. Their locale is new though they have been selling coffee to many different shops in the area for a few years now. So if anyone likes to buy or wants a cup of good coffee you should check it out. Just thought I would announce since I'm sure that there are others who are picky about their coffee like me!

http://www.labcafe.com.ar

There's a place on Lavalle entre Esmerelda y Maipu called Caravelle which (if its still there) does really good coffee its not really a proper cafeteria y just sells coffee, aperitifs and facturas and you sit up at the bar while the guys in bow ties serve you, its quite cool, a bit old school and for me had really good coffee

I actually had a great coffee at one of Bonafide stores along the route that takes you down to Mar del Plata, so I have started to buy their ground coffee to use at home. The only decent type is the SUPERIOR one, which currently sells for 88 ARS for 250 g (the type Seleccion costs the same, and it is awful)

Cabrales' type Colombia, is much cheaper (half the price!) and it is okay.

If you drink a lot of coffee, you start to look at the price, as well.

Best cup of coffee in the microcentro is Barrio Caffetero, by a distance. Guy came back from overseas with (NZ possibly) and set up a shop in galleria thompson and now has another one on reconquista (i think), look him up. No relation, but honesty the coffee is in a different league to anything I've tried in Argentina....and I've been looking for something decent.

ps...another good coffee tip if you are in the microcentro selling your dollars.

Grab a coffee in Ligiers, the wine shop by the citibank branch (florida y peron), they make the coffee with Illy beans. I've seen them open the sealed bags from the tins. 25 pesos for a good latte (not comically over sized and milky like horrorbucks) with a slice of pan dulce. Not bad. Nice enough not to require lashings of sugar or sweetener.

I actually had a great coffee at one of Bonafide stores along the route that takes you down to Mar del Plata, so I have started to buy their ground coffee to use at home. The only decent type is the SUPERIOR one, which currently sells for 88 ARS for 250 g (the type Seleccion costs the same, and it is awful)

Cabrales' type Colombia, is much cheaper (half the price!) and it is okay.

If you drink a lot of coffee, you start to look at the price, as well.

I make my daily coffee with Cabrales Columbia - it's totally fine for me and I'm semi-picky.

where to get canned cold coffee?
Do you mean cold and delicious coffee ala japonaise? As this one below. It so good and soothing when the temp hovers around upper 35 C !

506b0249d9127e30de00165a._w.540_h.404_s.fit_.jpg

Back