Good Restaurants That Have Closed. Any Suggestions?

polostar88

Registered
I used to like Standard in Palermo. It was the only place where you could get a reliably tasty meal. It closed for no good reason.

I also liked Jangada, also in Palermo. You could get a whole pacu fish. This is a freshwater fish that is in my opinion tastier than ocean fish, which in Buenos Aires sucks anyway. Jangada was tasty.

Anyone have any good suggestion for replacement restaurants of equal quality? Or a place where I could get pacu or other river fish?

Somewhat off-topic but anyone ever try Filo, the Italian place in Retiro, I was thinking of trying it.

I'm looking for good food but the food I've had lately has been very disappointing. Even parillas that are good are uneven lately. I mostly eat at home now. I try to use Guia Oleo but it's completely unreliable. Places get high scores that shouldn't.

For Fish Oviedo Restaurant

http://www.oviedoresto.com.ar/menu.php

nuestromenu1.jpg

I used to like Standard in Palermo. It was the only place where you could get a reliably tasty meal. It closed for no good reason.

I also liked Jangada, also in Palermo. You could get a whole pacu fish. This is a freshwater fish that is in my opinion tastier than ocean fish, which in Buenos Aires sucks anyway. Jangada was tasty.

Anyone have any good suggestion for replacement restaurants of equal quality? Or a place where I could get pacu or other river fish?

Somewhat off-topic but anyone ever try Filo, the Italian place in Retiro, I was thinking of trying it.

I'm looking for good food but the food I've had lately has been very disappointing. Even parillas that are good are uneven lately. I mostly eat at home now. I try to use Guia Oleo but it's completely unreliable. Places get high scores that shouldn't.

I haven't been to Filo in a long time but back when I thought the food was only fair. The thin crust pizza there is not bad, but overall I'd say its not what you are looking for.

Guys thanks for suggestions but I'm not interested at all in ocean/sea fish.

Anyone remember Standard? Used to be good. Not sure where you can find that quality food. I tried La Bourgogne and thought it was mediocre. "Kobe" beef my ass.

Café San Juan (New American Cuisine), Casal de Catalunya (Catalan / Español), Sarkis (Middle Eastern)

The other day, I had a decent meal at :-

Azema Exotica Bistro Restaurant ( Carranza 1875)

Good option for people seeking spicy food. They have fusion food from the world. zero ambience.. Prices are Ok.

http://www.iñakirestaurante.com.ar/

One of my faves.

Back