Good towns to live in outside of BsAs

Meri

Registered
Hi all,
I am thinking of moving outside of the city to get some green grass, tranquility, etc. Any opinions on good nearby towns? I've seen San Isidro and Escobar...any others that stand out for quality of life?
Thx!
Meri

I would suggest you check out Tigre. It's compact, fairly bike-friendly, lots of water, dozens of charming old rowing clubs. It's close to the delta, which I like. And the train takes you straight from Tigre to Retiro. The drive isn't bad either at non-peak hours.

Meri said:
Hi all,
I am thinking of moving outside of the city to get some green grass, tranquility, etc. Any opinions on good nearby towns? I've seen San Isidro and Escobar...any others that stand out for quality of life?
Thx!
Meri

Feeling as you did we rented a house outside Escobar for 6 months to try the Bsas approach to appt and country living and aside from fresher air and a nice pool there wasn't much to recommend it. Pilar has more life and San Isidro is way more pictoresque...others will have more serious recommendations I'm sure.

We were bored silly during our summer in san Isidro.For quiet parts of town loser in i'd look at Barrio Parque and Belgrano R.

OK all - thanks for the comments! El Chabon -I work from home so have flexibility...

Meri said:
OK all - thanks for the comments! El Chabon -I work from home so have flexibility...

Depends on more then your work, like having kids, your lifestyle, where your family and friends live etc,etc.

But I would say if you only feel the need to go to Capital like 1 or 2 times a week I would say go for it.

Budget is also quite big factor offcourse

I would say Vincente Lopez, San Isidro, Tigre, Hurlingham, Escobar, Pilar or might even think about Banfield or Lomas are good options then

I would vote for Tigre too!!!!!!

Super connection to the city with train, 24 hours a day, (without strike...:))!
Only 28 km away from Capital....
Super layed back, very green, very secure, (They have some 800 cameras to make the life hard for the bad guys).
Spent a lot time there the past years, no regret, very nice secure, children friendly enviroment etc.

Train doesn't run 24 hours a day but about 18, still it's quite secure and comfortable if you travel outside of hora pica. Bus like 60 is getting you in maybe 45 minutes to Plaza Italia but they have some frequency issues from 12 to 5

Back