Good Travel Agency/agent In Ba

Toastedwaves

Registered
just need a round trip plane ticket to go somewhere and back two days later. I've been on LAN website to do it myself, but I'm completely mystified by their system. If I want to go on week days, it is more than double the price as the weekends.

Also, should I expect to pay the 20% 'tax' on the plane ticked? That also just does not get into my head.

:wacko:

Most airlines have better rates if your travel includes a weekend stay. This is because they try to charge more from the business traveler. If staying the weekend is not an option then you could try to buy two round trip tickets that both include weekends and where you only use the outgoing flights on both tickets (this of course only makes sense if the week day fare is really more than double the weekend fare).

PS: LAN has offices here: http://www.lan.com/es_ar/sitio_personas/contactanos/oficinas/en-argentina/

Thanks. That's what I've thought about 'weekend vs week' travels, but wasn't sure. This is so crazy.

Thanks for the tips. Just sent Ben a PM. Hopefully he knows how to pull a rabbit from a hat.

Hi all,

While it's hard to advise knowing nothing about where/when, here are some general points:

- In general for most international trips airlines only offer the cheaper fares for weekend stays. The reason for this is that this is one of the ways they use to try to separate leisure travel (purchasers of which tend to be more budget-conscious) from business travel (for which they can charge a premium).
In practical terms, this means that as you noted, trips that don't involve a weekend stay are often much more expensive than trips that do. For US domestic trips, it doesn't work that way (the price of a round-trip ticket is simply the price of the way there plus the way back), but on intl. trips it still does. There are sometimes ways around it, but for the most part it's just the way things are.

- As for the 20% tax, a) it's now 35%, b ) it's going to be paid if you issue a ticket in this country, c) if your local currency is acquired at the 'street' rate, it's still cheaper to pay the tax than have the ticket issued in foreign currency.

Back