Google Translate & Argentine Spanish

Redpossum

Registered
We all know they sometimes don't play nice together. It was early, and I hadn't had my coffee yet. At the end of the first paragraph of this story in Pagina12 -
I ran across the word "furcios", and didn't recognize it. So I ran the story through Google translate, which translated the word as "furces", which I didn't recognize either, but I shrugged and kept going. But when the word occurred again in the header of section four of the story, I expelled orange juice from my nose. Not a pleasant experience; that stuff is far too acidic to be hydro-blasting one's sinuses with first thing in the morning.

biden gaffe.png

Rich One

Registered
We all know they sometimes don't play nice together. It was early, and I hadn't had my coffee yet. At the end of the first paragraph of this story in Pagina12 -
I ran across the word "furcios", and didn't recognize it. So I ran the story through Google translate, which translated the word as "furces", which I didn't recognize either, but I shrugged and kept going. But when the word occurred again in the header of section four of the story, I expelled orange juice from my nose. Not a pleasant experience; that stuff is far too acidic to be hydro-blasting one's sinuses with first thing in the morning.

View attachment 8110

All locals know what a furcio is..! in English a "Lapsus Linguae". Geography is not Biden's forté.

tangobob

Registered
According to Diccionario etimologico del lunfardo (Oscar Conde) it translates as a stutter.