Gov't To Cut Subsidies To Striking Unions

Redpossum

Registered
Story from the Herald here

I'm not sure whether I approve of this or not, (and I'm completely sure that my approval or lack thereof means exactly nothing), but I have to grudgingly admire their audacity in doubling down like this. It seems like both a not-so-subtle reminder of who holds the hammer, and a salutary lesson in not biting the hand that feeds you.

My natural sympathy is always with the strikers, in any situation, regardless of the details. But in this case, the issue is very, very complex, and I'm sure I don't understand the subtleties. Do I categorically support the strikers, even though I suspect they've been manipulated into acting against their class interest?

I'm soooooo confused!!!

2087-95-1.jpg

In a Worker's Paradise like Cuba, strikes are unknown.

I'm soooooo confused!!!

2087-95-1.jpg

Just remember that

Nestor Kirchner was in some ways like Juan Peron come again, and Christina was more than fit to play the role of his Evita. Together they struggled valiantly to revive the dream of Juan Peron, to return power to the people, to restore the economy and rebuild the middle class, to bring about a more equitable distribution of income, and to eliminate corruption in government.

And you'll be fine.

Just remember that

And you'll be fine.

Dude...

1) That was two weeks ago. I wasn't even here yet.
2) I have stated clearly that I was speaking with tongue in cheek.
3) Even so, I said they struggled to do something, not that they succeeded.
4) How does that help?
5) Why does every attempt to have a serious discussion need to devolve into cheap shots?

Dude...

1) That was two weeks ago. I wasn't even here yet.
2) I have stated clearly that I was speaking with tongue in cheek.
3) Even so, I said they struggled to do something, not that they succeeded.
4) How does that help?
5) Why does every attempt to have a serious discussion need to devolve into cheap shots?

1. ) Ancient history right?

2. ) Ditto

3. ) Well if they're struggling for such noble goals, how can you support the people struggling against them?

4. ) Ask matias

5. ) La dejaste re contra picando.

Back