Gran Premio Nacional

TarHeelBluze

Registered
I want to go to the Gran Premio Nacional (i.e. the Argentine Derby) on the 13th of this month.

Anyone ever been? Do I need to get tickets in advance or can I just walk in like any other day at the track? Anything I should be aware of that I may be missing?

Thanks,

John

It's in Palermo. I went a few years ago but honestly don't remember. I think you need to pay for entrance for this race (normally the racetrack is free) but I'm not sure. If so, you'll be able to buy tickets when you arrive. The races start early, around 13:00 but the big ones probably won't be before 17 or 18:00.

Have fun!:D

Then that night, it is "Noche de los Museos".

All of the museums in the city are open that night until 3:00AM this year. (In the past, it has just been until 2am.)

Buying tickets is never a problem at the Hipódromo de Palermo.

suerte

You do not have to get tickets in advance, just be there early ( that is before the first race of the day ). You do not pay anything extra, it is like any other race track day.

Do not wish to get into a pissing contest, but it was that way until recently. What do I know. The hell with is Forum.

dennisr said:
Do not wish to get into a pissing contest, but it was that way until recently. What do I know. The hell with is Forum.
I was not referring to the members salon " Tribuna Oficial "( you are right there is a dress code, basically no snickers and you will not be able to get in that day ) There are other rooms with tables and bar service with AC that are very nice though ( Tribuna Paddock, Tribuna Especial, Tribuna Nueva )

Actually your only choice of beverage during live racing will be non-alcoholic. Not the case during live racing at the San Isidro Hipo. Yes there is a dress code in the clubhouse, mainly a prohib on sneakers and tank tops.

Back